c85 users

stangfreak

Established Member
Gentlemen, anyone use c85? I heard that c85 has an additive in it to combat the corrosive properties of e85. Has anyone used c85 in a weekend car that sits longer than your average car?

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
My car is a 2012 with 14k miles on it which means it sits most of the time. It goes to the track maybe three times a year "if I'm lucky" and sits with C85 in it just about all the time over the coarse of the last 3 years. No issues that I am aware of, "they might be there but I don't know of them". On occasion the car has had some pump gas and pump E85 but for the most part it has been on E85.

SVTXTC

Established Member
Gentlemen, anyone use c85? I heard that c85 has an additive in it to combat the corrosive properties of e85. Has anyone used c85 in a weekend car that sits longer than your average car?

I have a 03 cobra with 16k miles. I have only had c85 in the tank for the last 3 years. No issues to report. Wish I could tell you it gets driven more but spends a lot of time sitting. Get a fresh barrel every so often. Injectors look great. Great fuel. No worries.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I would go with One Ethanol R E85 over C85. Will yield more power and will be just fine sitting in ur tank in ur garage.

Products — One Ethanol[/QUOT
Not doubting you but, do you have any real world comparisons to share here. It looks like it is for higher hp motors maybe with higher compression than a factory motor would have?

Users who are viewing this thread