• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

c8 z06 infor

Discussion in 'Pics and Videos Buffet' started by cam346, Aug 30, 2019.

1. cam346

cam346 Well-Known Member Established Member

Corvette Z06
    We expect the C8 Corvette Z06 will use a naturally aspirated version of the engine that will supposedly rev to 8600 rpm and develop in excess of 600 horsepower, a power figure that's credible given the Voodoo's power rating and 8250-rpm redline. (More revs equal more power per liter.) It is rumored that GM engineers had designed the motor to spin to 9000 rpm, but that design elements of the Tremec-built dual-clutch automatic transmission—the same one that will be standard across all versions of the C8—restricted the redline to the lower number.

This engine will help the Z06 return to its roots as a lightweight, naturally aspirated, high-revving, rear-drive, track-focused car. We believe that, as in our illustration above, it will have a wider body than the standard Stingray to cover its wider wheels and tires
    5e01f7ee761dc6fbdd555ee1078630cd.jpg

2. BlckBox04

BlckBox04 I am the liquor Established Member

so there's going to be two versions of the z06? didn't someone post that there was going to be a twin turbo?

3. My94GT

My94GT Well-Known Member Established Member

Very interesting, if that’s the case where will the GS figure in.

4. Rock20

Rock20 Active Member Established Member

At this point no one knows what the HiPo varients are going to be. Speculation is all over the place. One high revving NA engine, another various sized TT V8's with one being a FPC motor. Very interested to see what it ends up being.

PhoenixM3 and me32 like this.
  5. big reg

big reg Loves Penis Established Member

Probably similar to now. Z body panels, suspension, wheels, tires, aero with base LT2 engine.

6. earico

earico It's 4:20 somewhere... Premium Member Established Member

My guess is that's for the ZR1

7. Z06

Z06 Well-Known Member Established Member

Could be preliminary but there were documents GM had taken down that indicated a TT 4.4 and 5.5 v8.

8. jsd512

jsd512 Wannabe Ghostbuster Established Member

I'll get excited if this car is not a fat bitch. The ZR1 weighs 3650lbs., while a 720S weigh 3150lbs. Come on America, get your tub-of-lard-ass to the gym, jeez.

Fox Fan likes this.
  9. Serpent

Serpent Bike or Cobra? Established Member

Its going to cost $$$ to get the weight down. The 3650lb figure you're talking about is probably an automatic full gas tank car.
    3615lb is the manual full tank car:
    ZR1 M7 ZTK Coupe on the Scales - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Been frequenting the ZR1 section of CF. Really interested in a Elk Hart Lake Blue ZR1.

10. My94GT

Yea how dare you America make an affordable performance car that will potentially trounce the supercar market.

You’re right they should make it lighter then price it out of reach for most like every other similar platform on the market right?

big reg, bluebosss197 and Z06 like this.
  11. Sinister04L

Sinister04L RIP Kane Established Member

No shit. Totally absurd that an $80k Vette isn't down to the weight of an almost $300K car.

big reg, Klaus, My94GT and 2 others like this.
  12. fangstang

fangstang Well-Known Member Established Member

I hope the rumors are true. I'd like to see the Z06 return to NA and more track focused.

My94GT, Z06 and Fox Fan like this.
  13. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Well-Known Member Established Member

I think that is a safe bet. The Grand Sport was a good seller for folks that wanted the looks/suspension, but didn't want the extra HP. If it goes the same way it did for C6 and C7, we will see that one after the Z06 and ZR1 will be last one before the next redesign.

14. jsd512

That mentality is fine for a base Corvette, but not for the best that you offer. Maybe it's time for GM to prove they have what it takes to compete with the very best. Don't you feel the same way or are you ok finishing last on the world stage?

15. jsd512

Of course it cost money to lose weight, but so what. I got the weight from MT article. My opinion may seem harsh but I am tired of seeing American cars come in last place.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/che...019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-first-test-review/

16. GTSpartan

GTSpartan Yield right!!!! Established Member

A sub 3400# US built sports car under $150K will never happen again. Let’s just put that in the rear view mirror and move on.

GM will not be developing a carbon tubbed Z variant of the C8. Ain’t happening. The costs would be outrageous, and we’d be all here botching about how much it costs.

My94GT and big reg like this.
  17. My94GT

I couldn’t care less where the cars finish on the world stage. I want a cost effective performance package for my personal needs which even the base C8 would more then do. A C8Z at 90-100k range based on options will be more then most would be capable of wringing out on a track.

I personally think it will punch far above its weight but we can discuss that like a bunch of bench racers when it comes out based on magazine times.

Mojo88 and Rock20 like this.
  18. Mojo88

Mojo88 "Hammer" Time Established Member

Guy I know just ordered the 'basic' C8. He's a real Vette nut. I think he's paying $69k all in. There was no dealer gouging (markup), which I thought was pretty cool.

Personally, I think this is one of the best deals on the planet right now. Heck, you can pay more than that for a damn pickup truck, LOL.

roadracer247, My94GT and snakecharmer like this.
  19. ON D BIT

ON D BIT Finish First Established Member

Or you could wait three years and pick up a used McLaren.
    The problem is that with most trucks they are making you money.

20. My94GT

Three years won’t net you a McLaren for under 100k. Some people don’t want to wait to buy a used car and want to enjoy a new car the moment it’s out while still staying south of 150k