C8 Z06 670HP NA FPC!!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Dont know how i feel about it. The design screams 2010's Ferrari and the move to mid engine is drastic.

Like a mustang becoming a rear mounted engine.

Z06

Established Member
There is a part in the 25 min livestream video where Brett Golliff says the other competitors that we are competing against that is in a price range "unique to themselves" will look back at the Z as the one that changes the way they operate.

That portion of the video was all I needed to hear for anyone to realize that GM ain't leaving anything on the table with this car. They went balls deep.

Z06

Established Member
They will be out toward end of next year. 3-4 years ? Lol so now it could potentially come out in 2026? Nothing against you but that’s BS. I get the time but this car will be out next year.
I think he meant, wait time. It will still be in Summer 2022 but the wait list is out a few years.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
At least no games by Chev with Willy Wonka Golden Tickets and other BS. I think if someones wants a Z they will get it and for MRSP as long as you are patient.

blk02edge

Established Member
At least no games by Chev with Willy Wonka Golden Tickets and other BS. I think if someones wants a Z they will get it and for MRSP as long as you are patient.
It'll be the same thing. If you want one, you'll be paying a large Adm or waiting forever. Only difference will be the lack of the term "golden ticket". I bet thousands of orders don't get filled

ArabianOak

Established Member
I don’t know what it means but lots of guys ordered Shelby’s earlier this year and had the order cancelled. Covid bs screwing everything up still.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
It'll be the same thing. If you want one, you'll be paying a large Adm or waiting forever. Only difference will be the lack of the term "golden ticket". I bet thousands of orders don't get filled
Ill never pay ADM for anything. Something about a fool and his money......

01silverstang

Established Member
I know, I know, this is the "I'm poor" comment... but with C8's easily commanding $100k right now, this model is effectively out of reach of a large majority of the enthusiast population. Even if it's a bargain compared to Ferrari...

The Corvette used to be a blue collar sports car... but the C8 is moving beyond that. If Camaro is really cut, what GM sports car will the average enthusiast be able to buy?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I know, I know, this is the "I'm poor" comment... but with C8's easily commanding $100k right now, this model is effectively out of reach of a large majority of the enthusiast population. Even if it's a bargain compared to Ferrari...

The Corvette used to be a blue collar sports car... but the C8 is moving beyond that. If Camaro is really cut, what GM sports car will the average enthusiast be able to buy?
You buy the sub 100k model.

This is like asking for a cheap enthusiast ZR1, when we know damn well that'll never happen. Also the Z06 was like 65k for a base back in the c6 Z06 days. That jumped to 75k and up for a base c7z. The C8z I can see going for 85k base once the market is saturated and everyone and their grandmothers own one.

They will be out toward end of next year. 3-4 years ? Lol so now it could potentially come out in 2026? Nothing against you but that’s BS. I get the time but this car will be out next year.
I know you're a chevy guy but turn off the blinders for a sec. The C8 right now is going for 100k and apparently GM is having trouble keeping up with demand: Dealers Are Still Playing Games With Corvette C8 Markups.
So with chip shortages, potential magnesium shortages, high demand for the newest latest and greatest, 3-4 year wait is REALISTIC. Especially if you want it at MSRP. Stealerships are going to want ADM. What dealership turns down the potential of making crazy adm like 50k+ adm just to be a nice guy? I've seen this with Ford and Dodge, dealerships do not care how many cars you've bought from them, they will find another customer regardless AND make adm while the whining crying MSRP guy will be bitching about not getting one or finding one.

Last edited:

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Pissed if the GT3RS shits on it? Seriously? You do realize regardless of price the GT3RS is probably the fastest "street" road course car you can buy? If this is anything near a 3rs that is an accomplishment and it probably will be.

So, you think the GT3 RS will "shit" on this? Getting near the RS is a total failure, and typical of American crap.

01silverstang

Established Member
You buy the sub 100k model.

This is like asking for a cheap enthusiast ZR1, when we know damn well that'll never happen. Also the Z06 was like 65k for a base back in the c6 Z06 days. That jumped to 75k and up for a base c7z. The C8z I can see going for 85k base once the market is saturated and everyone and their grandmothers own one.

I know you're a chevy guy but turn off the blinders for a sec. The C8 right now is going for 100k and apparently GM is having trouble keeping up with demand: Dealers Are Still Playing Games With Corvette C8 Markups.
So with chip shortages, potential magnesium shortages, high demand for the newest latest and greatest, 3-4 year wait is REALISTIC. Especially if you want it at MSRP. Stealerships are going to want ADM. What dealership turns down the potential of making crazy adm like 50k+ adm just to be a nice guy? I've seen this with Ford and Dodge, dealerships do not care how many cars you've bought from them, they will find another customer regardless AND make adm while the whining crying MSRP guy will be bitching about not getting one or finding one.
I think this will be higher than $85k and will be optioned up above $100k… before ADM.

A base C8 wouldn’t be on my radar, only interested in this car based on the engine.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
So, you think the GT3 RS will "shit" on this? Getting near the RS is a total failure, and typical of American crap.

I'll go out on a limb and say the new Z will tear the GT3 RS a new one on the rack. Pure speculation at this point I fully admit, but this iteration of the Z06 seems to be revolutionary, vs. the typical evolutionary changes/upgrades GM has done in the past on their special editions.

I get the feeling that they truly swung for the fences on this one, realizing that this is almost definitely the last hoorah, and the final swan song of the purely NA ICE performance car.

blk02edge

Established Member
Track depending, it'll be about 1 sec faster on average than the 3RS is my speculation assuming it's on the same or similar compound Cup2.

Users who are viewing this thread