C8 VS HELLCAT redeye

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree the new ZL1 is perfect except for the bunker you sit it.

Hellcats are perfectly fine and fast as ****, but this many years of the same platform, it's weak. The engines are great put them in something newer already.

We all know ford and chevy could increase the power output of any of their engines easily without much effort, they just don't care to. The question is can dodge/fiat make a much improved platform, I'm not sure.

the “bunker” only takes about a week to get used to. I promise you this, I had one. The only way a car guy could not adapt to the “bunker” is being old as **** or being a soccer mom. For a true car guy it will be a non issue. Comparing my Camaro and mustang, the Camaro easily beat the mustangs driving experience, even with the “bunker”.

Ford and Chevy could increase the output but guess what? They haven’t.

Sure Dodge can build an even better platform, do they care to at this time? That’s the real question.

slow poke

Established Member
the “bunker” only takes about a week to get used to. I promise you this, I had one. The only way a car guy could not adapt to the “bunker” is being old as **** or being a soccer mom. For a true car guy it will be a non issue. Comparing my Camaro and mustang, the Camaro easily beat the mustangs driving experience, even with the “bunker”.

Ford and Chevy could increase the output but guess what? They haven’t.

Sure Dodge can build an even better platform, do they care to at this time? That’s the real question.

I'm sure I would daily driving it and it definitely is the superior platform out of all three but it's just not preferable.

I mean sales are good for both dodge and ford so they aren't going to change or branch into more power (ford) or a better chassis (dodge).

Uncle owns a 2018 392, it's a nice car and the interior beats the shit out of my 2013 gt, buy my god is the car too big. I wish they would just move on to something new with the same powertrain.

nxhappy

Established Member
stock for stock 1/4 mile the c8 should be a tad bit faster, no?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure I would daily driving it and it definitely is the superior platform out of all three but it's just not preferable.

I mean sales are good for both dodge and ford so they aren't going to change or branch into more power (ford) or a better chassis (dodge).

Uncle owns a 2018 392, it's a nice car and the interior beats the shit out of my 2013 gt, buy my god is the car too big. I wish they would just move on to something new with the same powertrain.

I sat in a challenger too and it also felt too big. Ironically, I’m thinking my next muscle car might be a dodge. Lol

slow poke

Established Member
I sat in a challenger too and it also felt too big. Ironically, I’m thinking my next muscle car might be a dodge. Lol

Yeah, driving his, it was good. It had the juice just too large and the suspension was soft (easily fixed). An updated, 9/10ths size challenger would be perfect. I would be in one.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
110%

Yeah, driving his, it was good. It had the juice just too large and the suspension was soft (easily fixed). An updated, 9/10ths size challenger would be perfect. I would be in one.

Yeah, it has everything going for it. I still can't believe chevy offered a mid engine super car for a 60k buy in. Great times to be in.

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
Notice they didn't do a roll race. At 60 mph, that C8 would've gotten gapped bad. Ask me how I know? I own a Redeye and done my fair share of roll racing against them. Raced a couple at my local 1/4 mile with Nitto drag radials(not even my Mt Et Street R's) and times were 10.3 for my stock Redeye versus 11.7-11.8 for the non-spinning C8. But hey, it is run what you brung and that Crappy Redeye Driver got gapped:) Driving a Redeye with 800 Hp on all season Pirelli's is like driving on ice. As aforementioned, what a moron.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Same here. I actually really liked it.
This was years ago, but I'm sure it's pretty similar nowadays.

same here. Sat in one several years ago. It REALLY felt like I was sitting on a yacht. Still like them. My guess is, like the maro’s bunker, would take about a week to be a non-issue.

Users who are viewing this thread