ToddW702

Established Member
46 days. I’m jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blk02edge

Established Member
46 days. I’m jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Yea, its a rare/lucky opportunity. Im very tired but may be sucked into a 2 hour "endurance" race this weekend after I thought I was done for the year.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
"And around a racetrack, the Corvette wouldn’t have a chance. Not in speeds, laptimes, or handling behavior. I know, I've driven one. But that’s still a comparison test that needs to be done — because if initial impressions are to be trusted, the real performance bargain for 2020 isn’t the C8 Corvette, it’s the new Ford Mustang Shelby GT500."

My94GT

Established Member
The problem with that statement is dollar for dollar the vette will be likely 20k less then even a base GT500. So for the average person who isn’t going to track the car or need to utilize optimal performance the GT500 is still not a considerable “bargain car” at least out of the two.

now that doesn’t take away the fact the GT500 will likely punch above its class, but remember it’ll also have the C8Z and C8GS likely nipping at its heels in very close price range yet to come which may prove a challenge.

conceptmachine

Established Member
The GT500 will definitely best a C8 on the street, but on a track it will lose. Also feels way easier to get into a C8. I can option one exactly how I want it, whereas Ford dealers laugh at me when I ask about GT500.
I think you have it backwards. the C8 with a 0-60 under 3 seconds with more weight where it matters. C8 will kill GT500s on the street. unless your talking highway pulls.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Mind changed. 10 MPH trap difference means getting absolutely freight-trained from a highway roll between C8 base and GT500 and 133 capable bone stock with pulley and tune will be solid 136-137 cars in mineshaft air. Hot day in Florida will still be low 130s cars.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I personally don't think the C8 will be close to the 2020 GT500 in a quarter mile.
Not even close.
(I'm talking stock for stock, tires and all.)

blk02edge

Established Member
I personally don't think the C8 will be close to the 2020 GT500 in a quarter mile.
Not even close.
(I'm talking stock for stock, tires and all.)
Guess it depends whos driving... The C8 ran 11.3 so far and tons of guys also running the same in the 500. What was the DA for the motortrend C8 drag test? Obviously the C8 will get raped from a roll.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
265hp gap lol
Is anyone really surprised?
LOL
Are you surprised???

People are saying it will be close race in the quarter mile between the C8 and the new GT500. Me personally, I don't see it.
"I think" when the C8 Z06 comes out,........bye byes!!! lol

C0bra99

Established Member
The problem with that statement is dollar for dollar the vette will be likely 20k less then even a base GT500. So for the average person who isn’t going to track the car or need to utilize optimal performance the GT500 is still not a considerable “bargain car” at least out of the two.
The Z51 C8 is 65k and the base GT500 is 73K. Not sure were you went to school but from where I'm from the difference is 8k not 20k.

My94GT

Established Member
The Z51 C8 is 65k and the base GT500 is 73K. Not sure were you went to school but from where I'm from the difference is 8k not 20k.
ADM, it’s been well documented and stated the GT500s will be carrying an ADM so I’m factoring that in as a realist.

people will pay it and that doesn’t at all mean the GT500 isn’t still a bargain as it will punch above its class BUT for what most people will use either car for the vette still is the better bargain.

Keep in mind only a small populace of buyers actually road course their cars, most just bench race magazine stats are local cars and coffee event and do small hits on the street while out.

C0bra99

Established Member
ADM, it’s been well documented and stated the GT500s will be carrying an ADM so I’m factoring that in as a realist.

people will pay it and that doesn’t at all mean the GT500 isn’t still a bargain as it will punch above its class BUT for what most people will use either car for the vette still is the better bargain.

Keep in mind only a small populace of buyers actually road course their cars, most just bench race magazine stats are local cars and coffee event and do small hits on the street while out.
Realist I see... You do realize many people are getting these at list?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Stop using common sense.

When one does this, the nut huggers immediately become warm between the legs and will use all sorts of Democrat logic to refute your claims.

Pretty soon you'll be saying what he is saying and he'll be saying what you are saying and you'll be wondering how the **** that just happened.

Democrat logic, that's how.

Users who are viewing this thread