C8 Corvette making potential GT500 buyers rethink their options

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If I could have gotten the new GT500 without jumping through loops or paying outrageously stupid ADMs, I would take the GT500 all day, everyday over the C8. But stupid allocations and ADMs make that car unattainable for me.

Now if you said between the 2020 GT500 or the 2019 ZR1,....I'd probably pick the C7 ZR1.
I'm pretty sikked to see what the C8 Z06 brings us.

CV355

_
Established Member
If I could have gotten the new GT500 without jumping through loops or paying outrageously stupid ADMs, I would take the GT500 all day, everyday over the C8. But stupid allocations and ADMs make that car unattainable for me.

Now if you said between the 2020 GT500 or the 2019 ZR1,....I'd probably pick the C7 ZR1.
I'm pretty sikked to see what the C8 Z06 brings us.

The GT500 will have a sense of exclusivity vs the C8 for sure. But, when the C8 Z06 comes out, it'll be no contest.

To the everyday fudd-nugget that doesn't know the difference between a Corvette, Corvair, Mustang, or Eclipse, I'm almost certain the C8 will take the cake there as well.

CV355

_
Established Member
I really dislike the rear of the C8 and that control strip on the center console. Maybe they'll grow on me, but not really digging those attributes.

I agree with that. The controls layout in the cockpit is downright terrible. While I'm glad they didn't just lazily iPad the damn thing like every other manufacturers these days, they could have put in a little more effort than the straight line of haptic insanity.

I'll also admit that I was NOT a fan of S550s when they came out. I test drove one in '16, wasn't impressed at the time. It really grew on me. Now, I love it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with that. The controls layout in the cockpit is downright terrible. While I'm glad they didn't just lazily iPad the damn thing like every other manufacturers these days, they could have put in a little more effort than the straight line of haptic insanity.
I'll also admit that I was NOT a fan of S550s when they came out. I test drove one in '16, wasn't impressed at the time. It really grew on me. Now, I love it.
^Bingo on everything you just posted here.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Well the GT500 is just a GT with Ricer Bodykit and a blower.....
The GT500 will have a sense of exclusivity vs the C8 for sure. But, when the C8 Z06 comes out, it'll be no contest.

To the everyday fudd-nugget that doesn't know the difference between a Corvette, Corvair, Mustang, or Eclipse, I'm almost certain the C8 will take the cake there as well.

CV355

_
Established Member
Well the GT500 is just a GT with Ricer Bodykit and a blower.....

giphy.gif

Truth be told, it turned out nicer looking than I expected. I know the first time I drive by one, I'll return home feeling more defeated than usual.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol yep. The fact SVTP spends significantly more time talking about other cars from different brands tells you all you need about the state of Ford Performance.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Or maybe that SVTP has too many trolls that aren’t even wanted in their own trailer park.

Karen is the Ken Block of AWD minivans.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Im really thinking of listening to the one they call “Dave” and getting one. GM does offer a CAI and Exhaust that have been dyno proven to work. Im on the GM-truck forum and the guys have done back to backs on a couple trucks

Users who are viewing this thread