C8 Corvette making potential GT500 buyers rethink their options

blk02edge

Established Member
Yea well I guess you should join up on some facebook forums, they beg to differ. Again some people such as myself feel its overkill. I am entitled to my opinion. You have you're reason's.
Yea ok because people on facebook dont just complain about literally everything.... /sarcasm. Facebook is full of the most mouth breathing retards on planet earth.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I was waiting for more pricing info to come out. Everyone on here being SVT, kept saying its only 60k, everything else sucks and it will be a nice DD, lol ok.

Dude on Youtube just showed the build sheet at the dealer.

1. magnaride and front lift option, you have to select the 3lt for this = 12k
2. Black painted alum rims, 2700
3. z51 performance, 1000
4. Spoiler (huge ricer) 1150
5. performance bucket seats, 500
6. Transparent removal roof (targa type thing?), 1000
7. suede wrapped steering wheel, 600

So you're looking at at least 80k to get the decent options you want. This was never a 60k car.

Apparently you can get a custom VIN for 5000.

With every single option you can do, it specs to 110k.

The best option if you really want one, will to wait for the z06, then wait 3-5 years for them to tank and pick up a used one for half the price.

The Magnaride and front lift options are also available on the 2LT, for $1895 and $1495. The regular open spoke black wheels are $995. The Z51 option is $5000.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
So many dildos on this site scream for a handcrank window on their new Mustang because “I don’t want all that useless tech!”. You are in the minority. People WANT to chose what they spend their hard earned bucks on. Not to mention all of the tools that say 1-of-1 car with none of the options people want. GTFOutta here with your dumb criticism.

Customization/everything selective causes the car to be more money and can cause the manufacturer to lose money, among a bunch of other stuff I don't know about behind the doors.

Example, let's say the production line is maxed out making 10 cars a day which they sell at $2. That's 20 bucks a day. Now if they do a customization which they sell for $4, but that causes them to only make 6 cars a day, 5 normal and the 1 custom, then they only make 14 bucks in that one day. They obviously don't want that.

No I meant 911, because that's its competition. I dont give a shit about any other porsche and neither does team corvette. Their goal is to take down the fastest/quickest 911's.
Theres a reason there is a corvette, 911, viper, etc tax. You gotta pay to play.

I was just saying everything from Porsche is nickle and dime.

The "tax" is because they know the market. Usually retirees buy corvettes and they know they have more money. You can't tell me it costs more to make a corvette exhaust vs a mustang exhaust from an aftermarket company, as example.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Customization/everything selective causes the car to be more money and can cause the manufacturer to lose money, among a bunch of other stuff I don't know about behind the doors.

Example, let's say the production line is maxed out making 10 cars a day which they sell at $2. That's 20 bucks a day. Now if they do a customization which they sell for $4, but that causes them to only make 6 cars a day, 5 normal and the 1 custom, then they only make 14 bucks in that one day. They obviously don't want that.
An extreme oversimplification of manufacturing. If it were cost prohibitive to the point of not making the margin they want they wouldn’t do it.

I was just saying everything from Porsche is nickle and dime.
As opposed to 2 or 3 expensive as **** options. Yeah, I would take the ability to customize over getting a bunch of shit I don’t want.

The "tax" is because they know the market. Usually retirees buy corvettes and they know they have more money. You can't tell me it costs more to make a corvette exhaust vs a mustang exhaust from an aftermarket company, as example.
Of course an aftermarket exhaust system is cheaper to produce for a Mustang vice Vette. Simply put there are more Mustangs than Vettes. I shouldn’t have to explain further.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
His point is that you could make 2000 exhausts for a vette and 2000 for a mustang. The Vette exhausts would cost far more regardless of the small material cost differences.

IA Shelby

Established Member
All I know is when I see this much bickering and bitching on a Ford performance site about the Corvette, I know GM did something right. Same thing took place when the C6Z came out and shit on the GT for 1/2 the price and now look at the place it has in all your hearts. Bless the blind.

Agree with you that Chevy has people talking.

Interesting example that you cite in the “z06 being half the cost of the GT. “

Yet today a Z06 can be purchased for 1/10th of the cost of a GT.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Id wager that in a few model years, the massive number of options will be condensed into packages containing the most popular options.

This model is SO new and unlike anything GM has had ever that they are smart to offer year 1 like this. Let the people and dealers figure out whats popular and whats a novelty.

When the Z06 and ZR1 hit, you'll probably be in package land again.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

Yup, and if they were the same price the Ford GT would easily be the one chosen. Id get one to replace my car, put a big whipple or maybe a VMP gen 3R (if they work on the GT), and some nice wheels and be done.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Start talking!

eBay or such get the APIM, screen, USB and harnesses can be done. Get forescan or someone that can pre-program as built of a vehicle with the same options as yours. I plan on doing this to my F150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

Because z06s are mass produced cars.

LostM

Established Member
Says the guy who joined in 2013 you OG bro.

Curious what the math says on new gt500?

Highs tens mid upper 13xs with traction

I would still take a 2020 GT500 over the C8 base/Z51 Corvette any day. Better looks and I'm sure it's got better performance as well. Not to say that the C8 Base/Z51 isn't a performer, I'm sure it is. But, not better than the 2020 GT500.
The C8 Z06,......that may be a different story though. lol
Exactly, Z versions will be monsters, the base, a dud

He’s from Delaware... so...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Not from Delaware, i moved here.. Dont you live in the immigration, tax, antigun, homo, hippie, cuckold, pedophile capital of the world? :)

Oh, and who bet me the C8 mph would be 127mph+ compared to my 121-123max estimates?

Lolololol

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

Not from Delaware, i moved here.. Dont you live in the immigration, tax, antigun, homo, hippie, cuckold, pedophile capital of the world? :)

Oh, and who bet me the C8 mph would be 127mph+ compared to my 121-123max estimates?

Lolololol

Don’t quote me if your not going to say something. You’re not OG enough to quote me.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Lolololol
Youve not presented enough spreadsheets to back your claims.
giphy.gif

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
"Severe understeer will help prevent the overeager owners from pulling a Mustang exit at their local cars and coffee."

.... ROFL ok they got us Mustang guys there...

So it’s faster with less horsepower to weight but does not handle as good because of understeer. Interesting.

I was surprised to read it may have been intentional on the base car. Their reasoning makes sense. Vast majority of owners simply dont have the skill to drive Mid-engine hard. If youre buying Z06 or ZR1, the buyer likey has ( on average) a bit more skill. Maybe.

Yea this test seems to be a bit of a bummer.. Wtf is with brake by wire too... That sucks..

Lexus LS500 and LC500 (and the LS460 before it) have all been Brake by wire and I personally hated it. Hopefully, the C8 team managed to dial in the feel.

Users who are viewing this thread