c7 vette vs my 04 termi

swardrn

Established Member
Hey guys need some input on this. I have 04 terminator with all the boltons including jlt cai, gt500 tb, vmp blower, fuel upgrades etc. On a mustang dyno car did 580/560. Met a cool bunch of car guys goofing off uptown. One guy has a c6 with he claims only cam .
He says hes making over 500 rwhp with cam only. Car definitely has straight pipes its LOUD as hell. We hit it tonight from a 15 mph roll unfortunately I am on street tires saving my Mickey Thompson ET streets for Stang week. Anyway we hit it from a slow roll I spin my toyo r888s some hes on radials he never broke traction I dont think. Top of 1st Im 1 car up I snatch 2nd spin pretty good he pulls even to 1/2 car ahead top of 2nd gear Im pulling back but I shut down cause we were quickly approaching some railroad tracks and I really didnt want to meet St Peter today. Thoughts anybody race anybody race any vettes? Guess Im gonna go ahead and put the drag radials on my Termi!!!! Sorry about the typo error in the title it wont let me change it this was a c6!

Last edited:

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
Light cars. 500 rwhp vette is no slouch. I may carch flack, but I used to figure it took an extra 100 rwhp for a termi against a C6Z. The Z is lighter though so maybe at 80rwhp, you're still there. Could be a driver's race.

swardrn

Established Member
Yea man it rolled out good I was 580 on the mustang DYNO which I think reads a little low. I’m gonna try it again after I stick on my drag radials !!!

swardrn

Established Member
I snatched him good in 1st but I broke em loose in 2nd and he never spun any. He was out a half car and I was reeling him in quick but those railroad tracks were there I let out

swardrn

Established Member
They are older ones I can mat it in 2nd at 50 and break the tires loose. I got the new et street ss using eBay coupon for 360

Blackoyote

Established Member
They are older ones I can mat it in 2nd at 50 and break the tires loose. I got the new et street ss using eBay coupon for 360

Yeah, if they're old and have been left out below 40 degrees, they're likely rock hard. R888s in good condition hooked really nice on my 600whp Cobra.

swardrn

Established Member
Venom351r I have never heard of it til the gentleman in this thread posted it I’m sure in the winter when it’s 10 degrees outside it makes the rubber more firm but I don’t see how it would change the composition or “softness” of the rubber compound used in the tires !

Venom351R

Established Member
That's kinda what I was thinking as well. Obviously they should not be driven in temps like that but as far as storage I did not think it would effect them

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I store my car in a non insulated, not heated garage. Up here in Minnesota the temperature can drop to -20 or more. I leave my Toyo r888 on the car, never a problem losing the "softness" or rubber changing due to cold weather.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Blackoyote

Established Member
No race compound rubber should be left outside in cold temps, let alone driven on...and the R888 is race rubber.

Quik Z06

Established Member
I'd bet he had headers as well if it was really loud. Also depends on year of C6, the LS3's with bolts on's, cam and headers can be a pretty quick car. Try him again on your DR's and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread