C6Z vs big turbo Evo

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I mixed it up with an evo 9 last night and admittedly it did not go well. The Z has super long gears and I am still getting used to NA power. I have to work really hard to not short shift.

We did three runs ~40 to 110. He beeped on each and because he was beeping really worked the anti lag. I could barely hear his horn over the turbo spooling up LOL. He would jump me hard and put two car lengths into me and which I would make up one before we pulled off.

After the third I realized he was outsmarting me by making it his race. I should have honked so he did not have his antilag advantage and I should have kept on it until 130 since I would have freight trained him if I wound out 4th gear.

Live and learn. Nevertheless, I was impressed and he had a fast car. Do not know what his mods were but I am 580 at the wheel w/ H/C/I and full headers/exhaust. He had gearing advantage but I am lighter and way more aero.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats awesome. The EVO is a relatively light car and youre right, gearing is TIGHT. They are usually done around 130 or so. They definitely punch above their weight, but then again so does the c6z.

Good stuff

68gtscode

Established Member
One of my brothers used to have a H/C/I 09 Z, done by American Heritage. I believe it made around 550rw. I only got to play around with it once in my 09 GT500, which made 700rw on 91. We are about the same, I believe my GT500 was a hair faster, but we never got a clean run. He also has a Porsche 997 TT. At the time he had the stock engine with upgraded turbos, etc. I forget how much hp he was making, but he was a good bit faster than his Z was. Anyhow, he raced a guy he knows with an Evo making 540rw and was neck and neck. The Evo got the jump as I remember it, because the driver could brake boost. If you're interested, I could get more specifics on my bother's Z and 997 at that time- my bother has a V box and Draggy, and I'm sure could provide relative times.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
One of my brothers used to have a H/C/I 09 Z, done by American Heritage. I believe it made around 550rw. I only got to play around with it once in my 09 GT500, which made 700rw on 91. We are about the same, I believe my GT500 was a hair faster, but we never got a clean run. He also has a Porsche 997 TT. At the time he had the stock engine with upgraded turbos, etc. I forget how much hp he was making, but he was a good bit faster than his Z was. Anyhow, he raced a guy he knows with an Evo making 540rw and was neck and neck. The Evo got the jump as I remember it, because the driver could brake boost. If you're interested, I could get more specifics on my bother's Z and 997 at that time- my bother has a V box and Draggy, and I'm sure could provide relative times.

Thanks man, I would be interested.

The brake boosting is kind of bullshit to me. It wins races but only if you give him the honk and only if you are only going to <120. If we were racing for money I would have done 50 to 130 and I honk. I think it would have been a bloodbath if that were the case.

That is interesting that his Z was neck in neck with your GT500. Mine feels slower than my GT500 did when it was similar power. Maybe it is just because power delivery is so different. I have the draggy sitting in the box but have not had a chance to get it out.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My Evo X, with DCT would absolutely hurt people's feelings. You never know what you are getting with one of those.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
“Getting used to NA power”
“Work really hard to not short shift”

Dafuq are you talking about, fairy... lol

On a positive note, at least your being honest. Colored me impressed!

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
“Getting used to NA power”
“Work really hard to not short shift”

Dafuq are you talking about, fairy... lol

On a positive note, at least your being honest. Colored me impressed!

I am used to 1000+ whp FI cars. This one moves in slow motion compared to my shelby, fairy. Its no tacoma but it does alright.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Buahahaha. Okay! Your original post sounds like that of a HS kid that just got to take out daddy’s vette for the first time!

Keep practicing, Ace. You’ll get them next time!

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I mixed it up with an evo 9 last night and admittedly it did not go well. The Z has super long gears and I am still getting used to NA power. I have to work really hard to not short shift.

We did three runs ~40 to 110. He beeped on each and because he was beeping really worked the anti lag. I could barely hear his horn over the turbo spooling up LOL. He would jump me hard and put two car lengths into me and which I would make up one before we pulled off.

After the third I realized he was outsmarting me by making it his race. I should have honked so he did not have his antilag advantage and I should have kept on it until 130 since I would have freight trained him if I wound out 4th gear.

Live and learn. Nevertheless, I was impressed and he had a fast car. Do not know what his mods were but I am 580 at the wheel w/ H/C/I and full headers/exhaust. He had gearing advantage but I am lighter and way more aero.

Why would he not be able to brake boost if you were honking?

Thanks man, I would be interested.

The brake boosting is kind of bullshit to me. It wins races but only if you give him the honk and only if you are only going to <120. If we were racing for money I would have done 50 to 130 and I honk. I think it would have been a bloodbath if that were the case.

That is interesting that his Z was neck in neck with your GT500. Mine feels slower than my GT500 did when it was similar power. Maybe it is just because power delivery is so different. I have the draggy sitting in the box but have not had a chance to get it out.

Why is brake boosting bullshit?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thats the truth! I never under estimate them dam things. They remind me of Grand National's...... They're either really SLOW or really ****ing FAST!

My Evo X, with DCT would absolutely hurt people's feelings. You never know what you are getting with one of those.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Buahahaha. Okay! Your original post sounds like that of a HS kid that just got to take out daddy’s vette for the first time!

Keep practicing, Ace. You’ll get them next time!

Thanks! I am getting the hang of it. Any tips you can offer from the Toyota Tacoma school of internet LARPing? All the best racers I know are the ones with nothing but a Tacoma and an internet connection.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
......That is interesting that his Z was neck in neck with your GT500. Mine feels slower than my GT500 did when it was similar power. Maybe it is just because power delivery is so different. I have the draggy sitting in the box but have not had a chance to get it out.
I remember back when I drove my son-in-law's 2006 Z that I felt the same thing. We both made the same power to the wheels and his Z was lighter, but mine felt more powerful. The Z just felt slower. Boiled down to NA vs. the blower. Had we both taken our cars to the track, he would have bested me just a tad. But on the street, the feel was very different.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You've got a nice Z!
upload_2020-11-24_7-47-36.png

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with @streetassasin that you should be in 1st gear for a <40 roll.

2nd puts you a bit low in the powerband, correct?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! I am getting the hang of it. Any tips you can offer from the Toyota Tacoma school of internet LARPing? All the best racers I know are the ones with nothing but a Tacoma and an internet connection.

Bitch please... Quit trying to deflect the argument to me. This thread ain’t about me, sugartits! It’s about your failed attempt at street racing. Sitting there looking like the cuck you are.

“I da I da I da naw what’s happens y’all’s ???” “Haven ta getz used to dat NA pawerz, yo!”

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Quit trying to deflect the argument to me.

it is about you whenever you run your no having, no doing mouth. Also known as always.

Holla back when your garage has something more than a Toyota Tacoma on lease.

You can also STFU, but that is not your style.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
it is about you whenever you run your no having, no doing mouth. Also known as always.

Holla back when your garage has something more than a Toyota Tacoma on lease.

You can also STFU, but that is not your style.

You can keep on repeating the same ol’ weakass argument of yours. It’s not gonna do you any good, brah.

Don’t let this interaction leave a bad taste in your mouth, though. Can’t be worse than the flavor of your boyfriend’s meat after pillaging your anus, Klanus!

Please DO share again...

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
You can keep on repeating the same ol’ weakass argument of yours. It’s not gonna do you any good, brah.

Don’t let this interaction leave a bad taste in your mouth, though. Can’t be worse than the flavor of your boyfriend’s meat after pillaging your anus, Klanus!

Please DO share again...

My aspergers flared up and it occured to me that maybe you did not mean to be a prick initially. Apologies for being an ass if this is the case. Keep choking on a **** if it is not.

Users who are viewing this thread