C6z(full exhaust) vs Charger Hellcat(auto)

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
I haven’t been around these parts in a long time and have since been trying out the vette life with a JSB C6Z.

C6z mods are: ARH 1 7/8 headers, catless x pipe, corsa sports axle back, and haltech intake. Stocks heads living dangerously!!

Charger Hellcat: auto and I’d assume stock.

So I was on a back road coming up to the a rural parkway as a white charger passed be going away from the city. It looked the sporty part, so quick decision is to go see if it really is a hellcat. I get up to 90 quick to get up to him. Slowed up to more his speed and it all came clear as well as the road. Srt then the hellcat badge!! So I drop to 4th to give the hint on my part that I'm down to race. I hear a gear down so I know we are good to go. I get to my sweet spot 50-55 roll in second gear. I hear him get in the right gear also. He still really hasn't rolled his window down. So I start the three honks! As a seasoned, street racer I hit it on the third honk get the hit... literally looks like he didn't hit it, so I let out for a split second... my mistake he is in it and comes around me. I get back in it with all the confirmation now. Hit third great! He is still pulling on me... hit fourth great and he is still slightly pulling on me I never stopped his pull. I'm still in it and he is still in it!! I'm running out 4th gear all the way to see if something changes. He stays in it the whole way with me. Top of fourth I let out, that's easy 160. In the end I'd say a car and a half between us, so two and a half cars I lost.

We slow down he finally rolls his window down. We are both loving it, thumbs up at the cars. I try and give him a quick explanation of stuff with why I let out and ask if he want to run it back. He agrees!! We turn around and wait to get through turns and intersection. Second gear again he was keeping it closer to 50mph wanting to go lower I feel. Not today mister auto! So I honk it off again and third honk I hit it good. Don't know if I'm just a cheater/street race too much/ or he is just that lazy on a hit. Half a car off the hit it seemed. Anyways I stay in it hit third like The driver mod machine I am, And I pulling him real good. Hit fourth perfect and still pulling him good. I let out at 140 I'd say with maybe 2 cars between us maybe two and half. Just a little confused on both runs how he it changed, but still understand it.

Hate that the second race was clean with the heavy chance of heat soak on his part. Then first race I'm thinking you a cop and let out lol. After this kill it just came over me that I’m so happy and content with the car that I’m ready to do the heads!! Yet I’d still love to see how fast I can go with it at the track with a tire and in this form.

Hope you all enjoyed the read!!

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
8B63CE4C-5947-4969-BF09-B875FAC099FC.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just noticed the plate. Love it!

That's a great looking C6Z. I like the wheel choice with the blue paint.

Nice kill. Only thing better would have been a video. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread