C5 or C6?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The base C6 does nothing for me either, but I'd own a 2010+ C6 GrandSport in a heart beat, looks worlds better with the wide booty fenders on it, suspension goodies, dry sump setup to boot.
Sounds like a C6 Grand Sport is a stroker kit away from nearly being a C6Z

Did I die and wake up on the Vette forums ??

jk:p
C6 gets my vote. C5 looking old af these days imo

Jesus, I know right? But you gotta give Corvette's marketing team credit. They have EVERYONE talking about the C8 which then leads to people talking about Corvettes period, which gets people looking at how much Corvettes are going for and the C6 is ... well... it looks like it will be a monstrously fun bargain sports car in a few years.

I genuinely think there will be THAT much demand for the C8 that C5s and C6s will be all over the damn place.

A C6 sounds like a nice compliment to the absolutely unhinged manner my GT500 is going... well, will be going once I get some more parts haha!

@ZYBORG your Z looked like a riot. Gapped the shit out of that N/A 5.0 Mustang.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

The GS got a lot of the Z06 goodies. You definitely want it in the manual 6spd. I am probably in the minority here, but I'd pick the LS3 over the LS7, for starters it dead nuts reliable and has proven to be a very solid and capable motor. Hell you can throw a considerable amount of boost at one, it has more material between cylinder walls than the LS7 and the bottom end is pretty stout. If you do manage to blow it up it's a helluva lot cheaper to replace.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The GS got a lot of the Z06 goodies. You definitely want it in the manual 6spd. I am probably in the minority here, but I'd pick the LS3 over the LS7, for starters it dead nuts reliable and has proven to be a very solid and capable motor. Hell you can throw a considerable amount of boost at one, it has more material between cylinder walls than the LS7 and the bottom end is pretty stout. If you do manage to blow it up it's a helluva lot cheaper to replace.

I support this message!

If you want to stay NA, go LS7. If you plan on boost, go LS3. If you want cheap and fun LS6. I would NOT do an LS3 unless GS.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Jesus, I know right? But you gotta give Corvette's marketing team credit. They have EVERYONE talking about the C8 which then leads to people talking about Corvettes period, which gets people looking at how much Corvettes are going for and the C6 is ... well... it looks like it will be a monstrously fun bargain sports car in a few years.

I genuinely think there will be THAT much demand for the C8 that C5s and C6s will be all over the damn place.

A C6 sounds like a nice compliment to the absolutely unhinged manner my GT500 is going... well, will be going once I get some more parts haha!

tapatalk_1564013263234.jpeg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
C5Z

These will be considered very special cars in the future. True, analog performance, none of the nanny bullshit that came soon thereafter. Light, great balance, great power to weight. A proper sports car but you can turn it into a proper muscle car with ease, too.

2814v

Established Member
I was thinking about this the other day, I would only be interested in the Z rather it’s a 5 or 6. I think the C5 Z’s are great looking cars, better looking then the 6. The C6 interrior is just homely, maybe even worse then the 5. But that 427 would be hard to resist, but $10,000 to $15,000 less makes the 5 Z really attractive.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m in kinda the same boat as you op. I was going to pick up a C5 this spring. I’m so glad I didn’t pull the trigger because waiting until next year, the local market is going to be flooded. Besides, I’m picking up a 04 L from a friend that needs some love in a week. Price was to cheap to pass up.

My goal was a C5 non Z06 for a DD summer ride on nicer days. I want a manual which apparently is ridiculously hard to get in non-Z06 models with the color and miles i want. But with Z06 prices where they are, and most likely tons of them hitting the market, I’m going Z06. I would consider a C6 LS3 depending on price.

Since you said it needs to be a auto, i would just go C6 if you can swing it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Aren't C6 GS going for base C7 price? I think I would just get the C7 at that point. I loved C5's, till the C6 came out. I have a 2005 C6 and its a pretty nice car. It's still a Chevy, so there will be some dumb issues that shouldn't happen but do anyways.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Aren't C6 GS going for base C7 price? I think I would just get the C7 at that point. I loved C5's, till the C6 came out. I have a 2005 C6 and its a pretty nice car. It's still a Chevy, so there will be some dumb issues that shouldn't happen but do anyways.
I believe youre correct on late model C6 GS and early C7. I wont consider the C7 though for one simple reason: Direct Injection

Ive delt with DI enough in my automotive career to know I absolutely do NOT want to deal with it in my personal car-owning life.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I believe youre correct on late model C6 GS and early C7. I wont consider the C7 though for one simple reason: Direct Injection

Ive delt with DI enough in my automotive career to know I absolutely do NOT want to deal with it in my personal car-owning life.

FWIW GM does not seem to be plagued with the usual DI issues that other mfrs have had, at least on the LT1.

Users who are viewing this thread