C&L Performance...is it gone?

CzchMex

Established Member
Hey guys,

So I just tried to purchase a C&L intake system (intake, MAF, Filter, Hardware) from TREperformance as that was the cheapest place that sells them. I received an email from them about an hour later canceling the order stating that the item was not longer made?!?!

Ok so I did some searching. I went to C&L's website and the only way to contact is through email. So I sent off an email, which I doubt I will get a response anytime soon. When I was searching online I found that an article was posted a little less than a year ago about the intake in a mustang magazine or something like that. There was a number attached to the bottom of the article for C&L. I called. An ATT automated message said the number no longer exists....uh????

Did something happen to C&L Performance?

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I talked to him on the phone a few months ago when I ordered mine so I can be smog legal here in CA. He was very pessimistic about his business. He said the only business he seemed to be doing these days was answering support calls from people who had bought used C&L stuff from others. He said almost no one was buying new stuff.

I am not surprised to hear you are having this trouble. Better find someone who has one in stock and buy it fast...

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It was sold, supposedly, whoever bought it will make an announcement about product availibility.

CzchMex

Established Member
Man that totally blows. I have been eyeing our intake system for almost a year now and finally when I have the money again to buy the part they are gone. NOOOOOOOO:crying:

Anybody know where I can find that kit?

Last edited:

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I called them once and talked to the guy for quite a while, this was about a year ago. He was referencing certain "Wal-Mart like" aftermarket mustang suppliers (yes, the current one and past ones also but he wasn't calling them out by name). He basically said it was impossible to compete when using honest/decent business practices. That same day I was on the AM website and all the c&l products said "no longer available."

And guess what, I was calling about details on a c&l piece I was considering buying used... Seemed like a great manufacturer but I could never pay top dollar for it, no one else did either.

Last edited:

CzchMex

Established Member
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/mach1cnl.htm

Have you tried the link above?

Scratch that. That link is 03 04 stuff.

Yea. I contacted RPMoutlet and they responded back with "we no longer sell C&L and will be removing them from our website soon".

American Muscle is out of stock on everything.

I managed to find one guy on eBay still selling them. He states to have 10. Well 9 now as I bought one.

It arrived today in the mail. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.

tjs98gt

Established Member
Anyone know anything more about C&L? I tried getting in contact with them recently and its been impossible.

Thegreatwhite7

YES, C&L IS OUT OF BUSINESS! They were bought out by a company called "Turn 5" that still makes the cold air intakes for American Muscle & sells them with the C&L name on them. However........ I would NEVER buy anything C&L again & would highly recommend no one else does either! (At least not for the 07-09 GT500'S) And if you DO get a cai from them make sure you can get a replacement filter!!! I called & researched everywhere before finding out that "Turn 5/American Muscle" had bought out C&L, then after I found this out I called American Muscle to order a new filter & they said they don't sell just the filter & that I'd have to buy a whole new cai!
So I tried all the other companies such as K&N, Airaid, etc, etc. and no one can seem to locate a universal filter with this odd sized rectangular/ovalish flange! If you have one of their round style cai's then you can get a universal filter to fit, but not this one! It's like C&L made it some funky/odd sized flange so that you would HAVE to buy their filter or something. (Which I would be fine with as long as you could still get them) But whatever, I'm just going to go with a JLT cai instead which is much lighter & has better airflow. And you can get replacement filters for them, (universal or otherwise)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread