C & L CAI Problem coming loose

FKing1

Established Member
The C & L intake comes out of the plastic tube end about every 500 miles triggering a CEL.
Put it back in all the way, tighten the clamp much as possible and it will come out again. After a few miles the CEL goes out.
Anyone else have this problem? If the blue connector tube was longer it would help.
Yesterday I put a second clamp over the first one & will see.

FKing1

Established Member
Will take a pic tomorrow.
No tune C&L. At the throttle body there is a vinyl tube that one end goes into the throttle body & the other end the plastic pipe from the filter inserts into. Clamps secure the vinyl tube to the throttle body and the plastic pipe. It is the pipe from the filter to vinyl tube that keeps coming out.
Hope this clears it up until I can post a pic.

tek302

Established Member
Make sure you have the pipe installed right at the air box. Sounds like the pipe is twisted and putting pressure on the silicon coupler.

FKing1

Established Member
c&l1.JPG

The end with the black pipe & 2 clamps is the one that comes out.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
T-bolt clamp in the middle isnt helping. It just collapses the center of the coupler and pushes the tube away from the throttle body. Just use the 2 worm clamps and spray the inside of the coupler with hairspray.

tek302

Established Member
Looks like that intake is for the standard GT manifold. Check to see if they offer a angled couple like airaid does for the boss manifold.

tek302

Established Member
Then it looks to be a poorly designed intake. I would sell that one and buy a airaid for the boss manifold.

rosem32

Established Member
I have the C&L on my Boss and have been running for months with no issues. I used their clamps with no issues, take off t-bolt clamp as that looks like it would be pushing the throttle body away from the intake tube, clean the the silicone off on the inside where it goes on the tube. You should be fine.

Several of us on the Boss 302 forum are running this with no issue and great results.

FKing1

Established Member
I have the C&L on my Boss and have been running for months with no issues. I used their clamps with no issues, take off t-bolt clamp as that looks like it would be pushing the throttle body away from the intake tube, clean the the silicone off on the inside where it goes on the tube. You should be fine.

Several of us on the Boss 302 forum are running this with no issue and great results.

Thanks.
Actually just put the 2nd clamp on the last come loose prob.
Have since (today) taken it off. As received the kit was missing 2 clamps that I replaced.
Haven't trimmed the end square yet and will wait to see if this reconnect will stay in.

Last edited:

whooshified

Established Member
I have e-mailed C&L about the problem but no reply yet.
When purchased it was supposedly for the Boss 302.

hey man, contact American Muscle customer service
as far as I know they are the sole distributor of C&L and their customer service is second to none

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I had this problem on my roush. The problem was the heat shield on the filter end needed adjusting. When the motor would torque the tube hit the shield and pulled it out.
Hope this helps.

FKing1

Established Member
hey man, contact American Muscle customer service
as far as I know they are the sole distributor of C&L and their customer service is second to none

American Muscle could not help but at least they answered & suggested contacting Airaid or JLT.
I ordered a Trick Flow silicone coupler from Summit that is 1.0" longer than the C&L.
This will help if not cure completely.

Last edited:

FKing1

Established Member
Trick Flow 3" sleeve. If this comes out I quit & will put the stock one on!!!

Attachments

• TRK FLO.JPG
    TRK FLO.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread