C head top end For free!!!

4valved

Banned
So my good friend just bought a eaton swap kit for his mach or at least half of it and hes going to be getting the rest of his parts by the end of jan.

So im going to be helping him install the eaton unit on his mach in turn hes giving me his mach 1 intake manifold, fuel rails, throttle cable and cruise cable, egr valve, basically everything he doesnt need. So besides the c heads will i need anything else to do this swap?

Im going to remove the cobra cams off my 98 and put them into a set of 99-01 Continental heads i think.

What do you guys think?

mystical

Established Member
Not sure exactly what you'll need for the swap but you'll want to keep your intake cams.

4valved

Banned
Yea i just thought about it and ill have to use my fuel rail because our cars are return style i forgot about that.

I think im going to purchase a set of comp cams while i have the heads apart and springs, so i think the build will be

10:1 compression
99 C heads
03 Mach 1 intake manifold (probably make a na sri later down the road)
Comp Cams (Still not sure)
I might just to save money use my 98 Cobra cams

Think i could hit 340whp?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Yea i just thought about it and ill have to use my fuel rail because our cars are return style i forgot about that.

I think im going to purchase a set of comp cams while i have the heads apart and springs, so i think the build will be

10:1 compression
99 C heads
03 Mach 1 intake manifold (probably make a na sri later down the road)
Comp Cams (Still not sure)
I might just to save money use my 98 Cobra cams

Think i could hit 340whp?

340 is kinda low, I just did a short runner and cams for this car:

crazycarlo

Established Member
If you buy cams just make sure you aren't going to have any problems with piston contact. Also factor I that if u get an aggresive cam your going to need new springs and retainers.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
If you buy cams just make sure you aren't going to have any problems with piston contact. Also factor I that if u get an aggresive cam your going to need new springs and retainers.

It takes very long duration and a low intake LC to get PTV contact. Also, agressive cams don't require springs or retainers, but those with lift over .450" lift will.

Keep the duration to 230 or less and the lift below .450" and the stock springs can be used.

Last edited:

4valved

Banned
to get 340 you need:
ported intake
free flowing filter
good long tubes, preferably 1 3/4" dia
march damper
march hydraboost pulley
large dia water pump pulley

I was thinking about picking up a 1158 march fluid dampner from a guy locally he has one for 60 bucks brand new un used. Would i have to pick up the water pump pulley as well?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
the Steeda damper is okay to use. The WP and hydraboost pulleys will free up more power than the alt pulley.

4valved

Banned
I dont want to use the steeda dampner pulley i was speaking of the alternator pulley i have a steeda alt pulley

So if i used the alt pulley would it be the same as the one you supplied the link for up top ^

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
keep the steeda alt pulley if you plan to use a small diameter damper. If you use a stock damper go with the March alt pulley.

4valved

Banned
keep the steeda alt pulley if you plan to use a small diameter damper. If you use a stock damper go with the March alt pulley.

Ok sounds good thanks todd. I appreciate your input, Ill probably pm you later down the line to ask you about cam profiles for my c head swap if i decide to go through with it.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I am in the same boat as you except I plan to add boost about a year later. I've got the C heads and am going to likely add some cams that can allow me to keep the stock springs and a shortrunner if anyone is still making them.

Users who are viewing this thread