Bye Bye 2018 Ford F150 XLT

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Picked up a 2020 LFG Raptor with all the bells and whistles today. Didn't care to have the moon roof but it's slim pickings on these trucks so it has one. It's 99.9% MINT. Found one little rock chip on the front and one little scratch on the right front fender. Even has a remote control powered retractable bed cover. Still gotta play with her as I had to rush off to work but it's hella nicer than my XLT...lol. Moves out compared to the XLT as well. :) Time to start ordering mods :) Nothing crazy...stereo will be wild but everything else will be tame. :)

Attachments

• R1.PNG
    R1.PNG
    635.3 KB · Views: 228
  • R2.PNG
    R2.PNG
    591.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
With the new Gen3 hitting dealers, was there a reason you went with the Gen2?
I had my order in for a Gen3 for over a month. Money isn't the issue, getting one is. Due to Rona and Chips like many it did not get built. I looked all over and everyone is asking like 10k-15k ADM. I won't do more than 2k ADM. Other than the front end, I love everything about the Gen3. I was really excited about the 37" package and upgraded radio. I'll do my own upgrades to this Gen2 as far as the radio is concerned. Came across a reasonable.....and I use that lightly.....deal on this one where I bought my previous 18 XLT from. It was fully loaded mint and LFG which they are not doing in 22. So here I am...

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
^^This is true.
I emailed my local Ford dealership a couple of weeks ago and they wrote back that it was a 20k ADM for ordering a Raptor. :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I laughed my ass off for a bit, then emailed back to tell them I was all set. lol

Are these trucks an allocation deal like the GT500 cars?
If so,...why is that?!?! Exclusivity?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
First Mod :) Who doesn't love to shoot twin mount .50 cal Machine Guns? She got picked up today for Ceramic coating. Silver Package + Entire Truck Polishing, scratch fix, rock chip fix, B pillar scratches fixed plus future protection....$2500. Tint on Sunday. :) Ordered the remainder of the the required stereo items to start that install. :) Ordered some red accent items for the exterior as well. :)

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 125

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^^This is true.
I emailed my local Ford dealership a couple of weeks ago and they wrote back that it was a 20k ADM for ordering a Raptor. :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I laughed my ass off for a bit, then emailed back to tell them I was all set. lol

Are these trucks an allocation deal like the GT500 cars?
If so,...why is that?!?! Exclusivity?

That shit is absurd. You can find TRX's all day long, many of them going for MSRP or just slightly over.

Frickin Ford... IDK man.,

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on snagging a Raptor. Looks awesome, and the paint color is nice. Excellent upgrade!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That shit is absurd. You can find TRX's all day long, many of them going for MSRP or just slightly over.

Frickin Ford... IDK man.,
LOL
I hear that brother.

I would buy a TRX over the Raptor all day, every day, but no way I could afford the gas bill on that beast. Honestly. I've seen a TRX a couple of weeks ago in the flesh. In the silver color, a color I would have never of picked, but, man oh man!!!! The truck looked so, so good. Sounded even better. What a nasty machine.
Don't get me wrong, I do like the Gen 2 and Gen 3 Raptors as well.

badjuicedgt

Established Member
you can get a new raptor, I just just got one for a buddy and he paid 750 over msrp and that was because they tinted the windows and put a bedliner in it. Plus we didnt have to worry about checking to see if all the bolts were in the suspension or were tight, and you can go out and drive in 2wd and dont have to be in awd all the time. I just think its funny fiat had how many years to make the trx perfect and they take a motor they put in everything and all of a sudden everyone thinks its the best truck in the world but you dont see fiat out taking the trx in the baja 1000 or any race for that matter. I guess we will see how long they last but I would make a bet that they will never outlast the 6.2 raptor. Unlike like most people I have owned multiple of all domestic brands and am 41 and as of right now I will keep my 2012 raptor and my 2003 cobra. Once the raptor r is released we can compare apples to apples with the trx and the r and see which truck will last longer and which manufacturer isnt affraid to take the truck out and really see what it will do.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
you can get a new raptor, I just just got one for a buddy and he paid 750 over msrp and that was because they tinted the windows and put a bedliner in it. Plus we didnt have to worry about checking to see if all the bolts were in the suspension or were tight, and you can go out and drive in 2wd and dont have to be in awd all the time. I just think its funny fiat had how many years to make the trx perfect and they take a motor they put in everything and all of a sudden everyone thinks its the best truck in the world but you dont see fiat out taking the trx in the baja 1000 or any race for that matter. I guess we will see how long they last but I would make a bet that they will never outlast the 6.2 raptor. Unlike like most people I have owned multiple of all domestic brands and am 41 and as of right now I will keep my 2012 raptor and my 2003 cobra. Once the raptor r is released we can compare apples to apples with the trx and the r and see which truck will last longer and which manufacturer isnt affraid to take the truck out and really see what it will do.

And Debbie Gibson is the best singer eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeer bra!

lmao TF outa here.

Users who are viewing this thread