by having a 03/04, has it change your social life?

D-Cobra

Established Member
did it in any way make you more popular with people?
or more hated with people?

for me... it is a positive experience. it may sound shallow, but i made friends i never would have, and even my ricer acquaintences respect me more now that i have a cobra instead of a GT.

Last edited:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
A lot of people like to ask questions....and I like the looks that I get when I drive it!

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I met some great Cobra owners that I wouldn't have otherwise. I still get together with them.

coleman

Established Member
for me, any change would be a positive change... :lol1:

meeting a lot of like-minded (in most cases) individuals around the area ... more friends = less boredom

at work ... i'm associating with people (higher up) that i wouldn't normally have had the opportunity to work with :beer:

jshen

Established Member
Neighbors hate me!

My car blends in [white ] so I don't get any looks. In my area, most don't know what a Cobra is. My neighbors are mostly snooty vette, BMW, Mercedes group...None of which can come close to my beast. I know they hate the exhaust note even though I idle it through the neighborhood. On one occasion where I learned my father died [parents live 2 blocks away], I put down 200 ft of tire mark leaving my driveway trying to get over to their house. Neighbors complained to our island board and now I guess I'm branded. Oh well........

cobracory

Established Member
I don't think I am more popular now that I have a Cobra.

As others have said, I have also met a new group of people that I wouldn't have met if I didn't buy the car.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I would say it has for me. my cobra is bright yellow and gets a lot of attention.. I'll get gas or stop somewhere only to find someone checkin' out my car when I come back to it. People ask a lot of question like "HEY! is this the supercharged one?" hah.. I would say most girls like it. haha.. I had this one girl say "god that car is hot", then I took her for a ride :) Just keeps on getting better...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Owning my Cobra for a year and a half brought me..........
1. More friends
2. More social opportunities (cruises, shows, races, etc.)
3. More vendor friends (LOL!)
4. An obsession to keep adding mods

On the negative side, I was surprised at the number of Cobra owners in the northeast who look at other Mustangs as being some lower class life form. THAT turned me off. The Mustang club I belong to is made up of over a hundred Mustangs and probably 80% are GTs. Fortunately I never saw any real "prejudice" in the club. But I got to see it at shows, cruises, etc.

When driving a car makes you feel superior to everyone else on the road it's time for either a new car or an attitude change. LOL!

nugen

Established Member
Now I sell blood to buy gas and organs to buy mods! I still have one kidney left if anyone has a Whipple for sale...

J15BIG

Established Member
i think i got more looks with the lightning then i do with the cobra. im not sure about other places but around here it would be rare to not see at least 20 mustangs if you drive around for 10 minutes. they are a dime a dozen around here. most people dont know the differcne between a six banger and a cobra. and even if they did there are soo many modified stangs around here, mine doesnt really stand out. hell there are at least 4 other 03-04 cobras in my small city alone. but every once in a while i will get someone who is interested in the car and start asking questions...

mers1083

Established Member
i have become more social with the police thats for sure.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Well just about every night I go out I now come home with a hot chick and get laid. Didn't happen before the Cobra.

Established Member
Well,
I also live in Cali and I get more questions and compliments on my Cobra then I did when I had my 2 tone 03 Harley Davidson Truck.

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
If owing a 03/04 Cobra is the only way one has to try and lift his/herself out of a bad situation (mentally or physically) then by all means go out and get one. To each their own I always say. I for one have owned numerous muscle cars in my life so one more really doesn't make it or break it for me.

In fact, I've said this all along from the day I bought the 04: "...if I have to choose between selling the Mystichrome Vert or my 96 GT Vert...The 04 Mystichrome Vert will be a passing memory!!!..." It looks like the day is rapidly approaching due to my divorce but I'm hoping it won't come to that. I still have a few mods I want to try out on the 04...lol

~ Fresh :burnout:

Fuerza

Established Member
I got invited to a cruz the first time I posted on here, so yeah it did.

Mystifi

Established Member
This car was exactly what I needed at the time I needed it, having just gone through a divorce. It has opened up a whole new chapter in my life. I have meet so many people ( including some in law enforcement ) that share the same enthusiasm as I do with these cars. I have become good friends with alot of them. So yes, I think it has changed my social life.:burnout:

BTW - Having a car that changes colors is a definite plus with the girls, 500+rwhp doesn't hurt either;-)

mmartin 6

Established Member
I caught some hot-looking brunette checking out the Cobra in the parking lot as I came out of the store. She says, "is that a 4 cylinder" ????? I immediately clutched my chest. I replied "not quite, it's a supercharged V-8". Oh, "it looks like a race car", she says. Then I look over and it all made sense - her and her old man were driving a Chevy pickup.

All in all, I have made many friends asking about the car from everywhere to my driveway, baseball games, gas stations, etc. Yesterday, the UPS dude pulls up to my driveway and says how much he loves the car. I might have him talked into buying an 04 at the local dealer. I told him that I wanted to race the truck (in my Cobra of course !).

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
It does make going to cruises and car show more fun! I've been a "looker" since I got rid of my Vibrant Red 93 Cobra....NOW...I'm a participator in a Terminator!!!

vipergts281

Established Member
Every weekend I hang out with other Mustang owners....mostly Mach 1's. But I originally met them when I had my 2000 GT.

And I get a ton of looks and comments when driving my car. Cobra's are very rare where I live. In fact, last night I got some nice comments from a car load of 5 woman. :rockon:

I get alot more attention in this car then I would if I drove some regular car, obviously. But where I work, I don't get noticed all that much. I work in an extremely rich area so most of those people are in BMW's, Jags, Mercedes, Audi's, Porsche's, and so on. I actually saw a 360 Modena today.....Ferrari dealer is right down the street from where I work. Anyway, the majority of those people are stuck and think they are better than everyone else, so I don't really care if they notice me or not.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can't speak for any other married folks but the negative side of having my Cobra was that I was putting too much time into the local cruises and shows. My wife didn't bug me about it, but some of the time I should have been spending with her was spent away at those shows and cruises. I remember last year I surprised her with the news that I was taking her somewhere special for our anniversary. An NMRA event at Maple Grove. She was gracious about it -- thank God! Now that I've adjusted my priorities we're both a lot happier.

So I guess my social life has changed a couple of times in a couple of different ways. :)

Users who are viewing this thread