Buying VMP stage 2, anything I'm missing?

calebdnehus

Established Member
If your upgrading the oil pump, don't forget this

https://www.atfspeed.com/shop/race-...-engine-parts/coyote-ford-engine-timing-gear/
It is the best gear out there, in my opinion better than the MMR gear

Livernois told me not to upgrade the gear, and it cost me a built motor, it will be the best $250 you ever spent

Oh yeah, definitely going to upgrade the timing gear. I talked with VMP about 6 months ago when I initially looking to start the supercharger process and he told me both the oil pump and crank gears are a good idea to upgrade

vortecd

Established Member

Vert

Established Member
Here you go, hope that helps. Front gap.jpgfront.jpgrear.jpgside.jpgside2.jpg

calebdnehus

Established Member
Dang man, you have your car done almost exactly the way I want mine cosmetically. I have the same exact color and I'm trying to run that style grille but keep my grille lights as well. I'm also going to get that spoiler at some point too. And I love the way those tires look, makes the car look pretty damn mean. I think once you get it lowered its gonna look even more bad ass

Vert

Established Member
Dang man, you have your car done almost exactly the way I want mine cosmetically. I have the same exact color and I'm trying to run that style grille but keep my grille lights as well. I'm also going to get that spoiler at some point too. And I love the way those tires look, makes the car look pretty damn mean. I think once you get it lowered its gonna look even more bad ass
You can retain the upper fogs but you'll need the relocation brackets that's on eBay. I found a picture of one Stang with the CDC upper n fogs, let me see if I can find it.

Vert

Established Member
Found this on AM website for the cervinis upper grille. 122957_800px.jpg

calebdnehus

Established Member
You can retain the upper fogs but you'll need the relocation brackets that's on eBay. I found a picture of one Stang with the CDC upper n fogs, let me see if I can find it.

Found this on AM website for the cervinis upper grille. View attachment 64088

Yeah thats the one I saw. I've been trying to google to figure out how he set it up that way. You said it was just a relocation bracket off ebay? Thats the exact grille I plan to go with since it has that mesh in there to try and catch crap before it rams into the radiator fins. I'm pretty sure I saw that bracket your talking about just the other day

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
How flexible are the stock internals when it comes to "safe" boost limits? I've read 10psi is the stopping point but I've come across several people in the 11-13 range that are running good with no foreseeable issues. For what thats worth. I just need enough time to either find the forged parts I want and gather them up or pick up an aluminator somewhere
I'm running 13# of boost I make 676 to the tire, and my car has had zero issues in almost 4 years. (Procharger ) I'm switching to 105 octane as insurance. I think longevity is based largely on the tune.

calebdnehus

Established Member
I'm running 13# of boost I make 676 to the tire, and my car has had zero issues in almost 4 years. (Procharger ) I'm switching to 105 octane as insurance. I think longevity is based largely on the tune.

Thats the majority the answer I've been getting through research and asking questions myself. Seems to be you can 8-13/14psi as long as you arent pushing the limits in the tune and on the fuel youre using as well as not banging the rev limiter every chance you get. I figure on running 10ish to start with and having AED set me up with what Shaun thinks is a good powerful "safe" tune and limiting my high rpm shifts to probably 6500rpm for longevity reason until I can forge the rotating assembly

calebdnehus

Established Member
In terms of future additions to my car to insure the motor survives a good long while, does anyone have an opinion of this rod/piston/bearing/ring combo?

http://www.modularheadshop.com/pistonsnrods/13310.aspx

I know the GT has a forged steel crankshaft so an entire rotating assembly isnt necessarily needed, however getting a kit like that may save time and money vs the route I've looked into which will require the crank be re-balanced with the new pistons/rods. The only other thing thats on my mind is the strength of the main bearings, I know the coyote block(only) is SAID to withstand up to 1000HP. I'm leaning more toward dropping a couple grand, 2-3k, and forging the motor and then getting the VMP and maxing it out as opposed to running it mild on the stock engine.

Thoughts anyone?

calebdnehus

Established Member
And of course, forged parts money will come out of the supercharger fund so if that route is taken I will be pushing the supercharger on down the road a bit until I have enough saved up again

The Beast 2014

Established Member
I would just get the supercharger on a safe tune and save the money for a forged block. With a good tune you will get years out of the stock block.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Yes, everything will bolt right up. The other alternative is to go with a built longblock which will allow you to sell your old longblock.

Users who are viewing this thread