Buying at Co-Part

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Has anyone bought cars here without a dealers license? is there a way around it? I lost my contact who I used to buy cars thru him, some have told it varies by State whether or not you have to be a dealer to bid on a vehicle in a certain State? thanks for helpful information

GodStang

Established Member
Yes it depends on state. What I am trying to figure out is there a specific business license you need to have or any. My wife has a business license but it is not in the auto industry.

sleek98

Established Member
Yes it depends on state. What I am trying to figure out is there a specific business license you need to have or any. My wife has a business license but it is not in the auto industry.

They will want a auto dealer license.I take care of our dealer licenses for our stores at work. I am not sure what the SC laws are, but for example here in MO you have to have a store front, approval for parking lot size from the local PD, dealer bond (I think its now 50k), general liability policy and a background check. Kansas is pretty much the same but they want the city planning and zoning to approve the site vs the local PD. However in WY they want the owners finger printed, general liability policy, dealer bond and a background check.

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
All depends on what state you buy it in. Florida requires a dealer license, so I bought a car from the Copart auction in Atlanta, GA and trailered it back. No license needed.

Users who are viewing this thread