Buying a 19gt350, thoughts?

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
Has ford confirmed the engine changes for the 19-20 gt350? I see it’s published on mustang6G but I haven’t seen ford physically come out and say those changes have been made.
Ford doesn't advertise changes that don't make any difference. HP and torque are the same, rev limit is the same, exhaust and intake are the same, etc. Some of the pieces may have changed, but as far as Ford's concerned it's the same engine.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Has ford confirmed the engine changes for the 19-20 gt350? I see it’s published on mustang6G but I haven’t seen ford physically come out and say those changes have been made.
Not sure. I’m pretty sure I read about it here somewhere....

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
Look that car over very carefully! Make sure it’s was not damaged in transit. I bought the exact same car 2 months ago at $400 over dealer holdback and was still over $60k. $55k is less than dealers are selling used 2019s. Make sure they are not trying to pull a fast one. $11k off MSRP is a significant loss to the dealer!!

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

Cobra 2997

Established Member
Hello all,

I have the opportunity to buy an Oxford white 19 gt350 brand new with 8 miles on it fully loaded. The sticker is almost 66k but the dealership is willing to let it go for 55k. If you were in the market, would you move forward with this deal? If so - why? Any negatives about the gt350? I had a 13 GT500 I sold a couple months ago and I know it’s a different car but I’m sure it’s a great experience. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Is this a local to Cincinnati car by chance ? Your dealer is probably selling below cost if they are selling at 55K. I’m picking up a new 2019 white/black stripe GT350 next week. Sticker was $65,400..paying $59,500ish.

I’m in Cincy by the way as well.

BelminZ

Established Member
Look that car over very carefully! Make sure it’s was not damaged in transit. I bought the exact same car 2 months ago at $400 over dealer holdback and was still over $60k. $55k is less than dealers are selling used 2019s. Make sure they are not trying to pull a fast one. $11k off MSRP is a significant loss to the dealer!!

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

I ran the oasis report. Showed damage to the hood and was repainted. Damaged in transport probably. I didn’t buy it

BelminZ

Established Member
Is this a local to Cincinnati car by chance ? Your dealer is probably selling below cost if they are selling at 55K. I’m picking up a new 2019 white/black stripe GT350 next week. Sticker was $65,400..paying $59,500ish.

I’m in Cincy by the way as well.

I didn’t buy it. Ran the oasis report and showed damage to the hood. Was repainted

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I ran the oasis report. Showed damage to the hood and was repainted. Damaged in transport probably. I didn’t buy it

Did they tell you that up front or did you have to dig to find out? There are states that require a dealer to disclose this up front I believe Ohio may be one of those states. If they didn’t they violated the law.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fearthesnake

Established Member
They did not. The dealership is located in Minnesota
Minnesota is a Lemon law buy back state but not sure if that makes any difference here but it could, especially if you are not satisfied with the car.

I would not give up on this deal just yet imo -
1) Make Ford fix the clear coat and hood properly, whoever did it, did a $hitty job with clear coat running like that.
2) It's just a hood here and really no structural damage, only cosmetic. Ask for an extended warranty for free on it.
3) Beat them up more on the price, offer $50K includes all fees/tags/taxes etc.

I think Ford and this dealer is in a pickle here and may just want to get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread