Buyer Beware

MorganWorth

So I emailed the guy, his name was "Felipe Carreira" - He said the car is in Portugal and he would ship it to me at his expense and I don't have to pay until I receive it. He actually called me from a Jacksonville number! Once he sent me the VIN a simple google search takes the car to a dealer in PA. I called and spoke to the sales team and they said the car was sold to a "good ole boy" in FL. Same pictures as the car in "Portugal", only the scammer omitted the pic with the dealer name, lol. I called the scammer back and asked again if those pics were his and taken in Portugal, he said yes. I said "that's where we have a problem, those pics were taken at a dealer in PA." His response, CLICK, hung up. I don't know if I should post the phone number but i will send a few screenshots of the correspondence. I think where the scam was going to end up was a hold up at the border or some shit requiring a credit card.

MorganWorth

fd8a6ed0cc4b47c4f887619c2737060e.jpg

63cae9e29ec6dec1263fa553fb183b06.jpg

7a56d7036b9537ec29f337829c9ff1a0.jpg

ac41e1c216fbd778c80658e4c1c3341e.jpg

00a26af685eacdf9390ae51eb4b1bfe0.jpg

8e6dcca1c24f4629f44082d91f647f6a.jpg

7bdc3de748a8a75a8452f75b0aca5e1f.jpg

49013d4bd94f8d356bab6f64c2d03a0f.jpg
c7873255487176ff9b06ebb9eb2d2cba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
so he's trying to scam....but is willing to ship the car? Hell i'd have him ship it and see if it shows up. hahahha

MorganWorth

The ad was on Back Page, but has since been taken down when I called the scammer out on it. What kind of an idiot tries to run a scam with a car like that. He should have tired his scam with something less specialized. Although he did offer to send the car to me from Portugal so I could inspect it before I bought it. Lol.

Looks like he switched the vin with me lol, he was using 1fafp47h9yf223225

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Rare R

Established Member
Looks like the #300 car (00R) is the subject of a scam. Car is being offered at $21K and is apparently located in Portugal where the seller does not want to let it just sit in a garage as it is too expensive to register the car and pay the taxes for it.

Anyone know the true whereabouts of the #300 car? I know that it sold a couple years back at auction for like $26K, and then it was offered for sale again, but then the trail goes cold.

#300 is for sale again
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/ford-cobra-500r/6465274831.html

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Nice to see the last 00R for sale legitimately this time. I personally would like to have seen it preserved with low miles vs. raced with a roll bar, but at least it got used as intended... neat car.

Not sure why the dealer called it a “500R.” It helps to know what you are selling.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Ironically, I am in San Diego right now. May have to see if I can check it out if I can find the time. I’m having trouble finding the address - anyone know it?

Last edited:

MarkSchaub

So I emailed the guy, his name was "Felipe Carreira" - He said the car is in Portugal and he would ship it to me at his expense and I don't have to pay until I receive it. He actually called me from a Jacksonville number! Once he sent me the VIN a simple google search takes the car to a dealer in PA. I called and spoke to the sales team and they said the car was sold to a "good ole boy" in FL. Same pictures as the car in "Portugal", only the scammer omitted the pic with the dealer name, lol. I called the scammer back and asked again if those pics were his and taken in Portugal, he said yes. I said "that's where we have a problem, those pics were taken at a dealer in PA." His response, CLICK, hung up. I don't know if I should post the phone number but i will send a few screenshots of the correspondence. I think where the scam was going to end up was a hold up at the border or some shit requiring a credit card.

To clear the record, the 2000 Cobra R VIN 1FAFP47H9YF223225 and shown in the scam photos is currently owned by me. The VIN number listed is for chassis no. 114/300. I've owned the car since January 2016. It is safely tucked away in my climate controlled shop in South Dakota. I bought the car from a private party in PA and personally trailered it to South Dakota in my enclosed trailer. Previous to my purchase of the car from the PA owner, the owner had it under consignment at a dealer in PA... that dealership is the one shown in the background in the scam photos. That is the dealership where I first viewed the car in Morgantown, PA when it was under consignment.

Since I've owned the car, I've had it at several car shows here in South Dakota and once at a car show in Hastings, Nebraska in the Fall of 2018... it gets trailered to these events in an enclosed trailer. The car earned 1st place in the Cobra class at the 2018 Sturgis Mustang Rally and 1st place at the 2018 Hastings, Nebraska Mustang event. 'Gets a lot of attention up here in the upper Midwest, when I do have it out, as there are few of these rare cars up here in this part of the country.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread