Buyer beware on this C6 Z06

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Doesn't anyone do their own research when buying a car? Isn't it listed on the door tag that it's a 3lz? Sure it's not ethical but the buyer has to take some responsibility as well. I just bought a 997 and I had the vin run, a window sticker printed, ran through a shop and it's only a $50k car.
Besides it's a 3lz that is being sold as a 2lz. It's not like it's a 1lz that's being passed off as a 3lz.

blk02edge

Established Member
Its a Corvette who cares..... no one is buying it at as a collector who is anyone kidding. They're a dime a dozen so who gives a flying shit about a swapped interior smfh.
You realize Corvette has one of the biggest collector bases of any car period? Sure right now its just a dime a dozen C6Z and a simple interior swap is not a big deal... So disclose it rather than have threads like this appear and make yourself out as shady...

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I compare this to women with Snapchat filters

youre still getting the same woman essentially ... just a lower version of her when you see her in person

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Doesn't anyone do their own research when buying a car? Isn't it listed on the door tag that it's a 3lz? Sure it's not ethical but the buyer has to take some responsibility as well. I just bought a 997 and I had the vin run, a window sticker printed, ran through a shop and it's only a $50k car.
Besides it's a 3lz that is being sold as a 2lz. It's not like it's a 1lz that's being passed off as a 3lz.
Most would proceed with a sale based on the information provided, and maybe check the VIN for the repair and accident histories. If something "looks" irregular to a potential buyer who is above average savvy with a vehicle's specs , then yes, the buyer would/should ask questions. But that's more the exception than the rule. IMO most people rely heavily on what the ad discloses about the vehicle. So if a Corvette is advertised as a 2lz, the majority of would-be buyers will believe it was birthed as a 2lz.

Personally, if I was spending that much coin on a C-6 Z06 Corvette I'd be upset that the interior was ripped out and replaced without being disclosed. It wouldn't matter that the car was priced a bit lower to reflect the 2lz market average.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
They deleted a post of mine because I asked someone what they were smoking because I wanted to buy some too. They’re weird over there you can curse up a storm and that’s fine. It’s definitely no SVTP.
yea I got a posted deleted because some boomer probably @UBNZO6D's brother made a thread about a zr1 on bring a trailer and was clueless on how to post a link. I said 2021 and we still can't post a link to another site. Got temo banned for 2 days for that comment.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
BRB swapping v6 interior into the Shelby .. youll neverrrrrrr knowwww
Are you then going to also advertise it as a V6 though?

That's the thing.

Guy "downgraded" the car and listed it as a "downgraded" car.

It's not a V6 that he did a Shelby swap to and is now claiming is a Shelby.

As for the nutball price, welcome to post Covid Hyper Inflation America.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
E0EF120A-914F-4FA6-801E-BE324C90876A.jpeg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Took you a day to come up with that? Ive seen better.

Like i said.. no one cares except you. Take off your white knight suit and join the New Balance board if that floats your boat.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Are you then going to also advertise it as a V6 though?

That's the thing.

Guy "downgraded" the car and listed it as a "downgraded" car.

It's not a V6 that he did a Shelby swap to and is now claiming is a Shelby.

As for the nutball price, welcome to post Covid Hyper Inflation America.

no. Cause it still has a v8... great logic tho

maybe I’ll advertise it as a special v6 interior edition Shelby.. rare af .. Jack that price up for the custom work.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
My 2 cents. The Sienna interior looks like shit on that color imo. The current seller should of stated that he swapped the interior. To many, it doesn’t matter but be upfront about it.

You are welcome to your opinion. I actually think that interior with a gray car works well and looks classy. Besides I have had my fill of black interiors at that point of cars I have owned and wanted a slight change and the Sienna fit the bill at that time. I have now gone back to black interiors again (when I got my 2013 GT500 new and the current C7 ZR1). If you think that interior looks like shit imagine that colour interior with a light blue Z06. Yes that guy did this whole swaparoo because he wanted that interior in his Jet Stream Blue 2LZ Z06 so google that colour vette with that interior and tell me what looks like shit (my personal opinion).

Its a Corvette who cares..... no one is buying it at as a collector who is anyone kidding. They're a dime a dozen so who gives a flying shit about a swapped interior smfh.

I can accept this bias being that this is a Ford MB. I would've rather spill it on CF but like some people here that also post there lately they have stupid mods that can't do their jobs. I was one of those people that is now no longer on that MB because I had a major disagreement with a stupid bitch mod that doesn't know how to be fair when moderating posts. They play favorites and when others post up what I would've posted up they get away with murder and my posts get deleted and/or get banned totally so I'm done with them.

So my question to you would be if this was a Trinity GT500 and the seller installed a 2012 alum. 5.4 engine with all the 2013 underpinnings would you react the same way or you would cry foul because it's a Mustang?

The type of vehicle here doesn't matter. It's the fact something was done to downgrade a car without disclosure be it a complete interior swap or engine swap. You would be hard pressed to know a 5.4 is sitting where a 5.8 should be unless you really dig into the engine compartment and know what to look for.

Most would proceed with a sale based on the information provided, and maybe check the VIN for the repair and accident histories. If something "looks" irregular to a potential buyer who is above average savvy with a vehicle's specs , then yes, the buyer would/should ask questions. But that's more the exception than the rule. IMO most people rely heavily on what the ad discloses about the vehicle. So if a Corvette is advertised as a 2lz, the majority of would-be buyers will believe it was birthed as a 2lz.

Personally, if I was spending that much coin on a C-6 Z06 Corvette I'd be upset that the interior was ripped out and replaced without being disclosed. It wouldn't matter that the car was priced a bit lower to reflect the 2lz market average.

Exactly, it is buyer beware so I'm just putting it out there to be wary if you are looking at purchasing a C6Z. If you have no problems with it having a switched interior and now downgraded to a 2LZ by all means if it works for you go for it.

Last year before buying my C7 ZR1 new I was looking at a 2014 Viper and I probably would've bought it if it wasn't for some major digging on my part so again caveat emptor.

2014 Gen V Viper - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

yea I got a posted deleted because some boomer probably @UBNZO6D's brother made a thread about a zr1 on bring a trailer and was clueless on how to post a link. I said 2021 and we still can't post a link to another site. Got temo banned for 2 days for that comment.

I remember seeing your post in that thread, see one of my answers above.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
It's Covid, nothing much to do so some make 3 pages of posts in a thread or pull out a whole interior and replace with a lesser spec interior as mentioned by the seller of my old car, cause just changing wheels from factory is so passé.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
Sorry SER

Sorry Serpent, that was not me...Is apology coming?

SecondhandSnake

Established Member

I thought if you went to a car show all the Corvettes are 1 of 1 collectors.

"Yeah it's the only 2019 with the LT1 PDQ ABC R88 packages bow tie blue with black stripes, factory floormats, scotch guarded seats, upsized cupholders, with the engine manufactured on a Tuesday in April by a guy name Craig."

Users who are viewing this thread