• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Buyer beware on this C6 Z06

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Cman01, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Corbic

Corbic Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Except that analogy is horse shit.

The guy didn't touch mechanicals and isn't trying to pass the car off as a higher trim. Quite the opposite.

It's more like some dude selling a "Stock Hellcat" but you found out it originally had Brass Monkey wheels and he treaded them out for some stock Hellcat wheels.

Or a guy with a Cobra that came with the red 10AE interior, changed it to a standard and never once claimed the car was a 10AE.

Maybe I've just dealt with enough classic cars that actually have impactful values based on trim and options and have seen all the shenanigans. But if this was a scam its a 1/10 on the scam scale.

He cosmetically downgraded a car, and is claiming its downgraded. He's not covering up a wreck or flood. He's not dressing up a lower model and claiming it's a rare premium model to make an extra buck.

Asking price is irrelevant here btw. I'm sure if it was still a ZL3 or whatever he'd be advertising that and asking even more.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    VRYALT3R3D likes this.
  2. Corbic

Go put a Cobra badge on a GT and see how. Many pages we get.

me32 and BOOGIE MAN like this.
  3. SecondhandSnake

SecondhandSnake Well-Known Member Established Member

giphy.gif

RedVenom48, me32, Klaus and 1 other person like this.
  4. CompOrange04GT

CompOrange04GT I like Wood, and not Oak in my butt Established Member

what if I put GT badges on a cobra

Klaus likes this.
  5. Corbic

Gonna list it as a GT?

6. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Don’t be an idiot Established Member

This thread shows how dead our beloved forum is right now lol

7. CompOrange04GT

Yeah

08 mustang.. gt badged 550 horsepower with v6 interior and a cobra motor

$24k

Want it?

8. CompOrange04GT

imagine how dead it would be if there was a c6z06 thread and a how to kill squirrels thread with the same amount of pages

.. oh

.. wait

9. BlckBox04

BlckBox04 I am the liquor Premium Member Established Member

I’d be really upset if I hit a squirrel with my z

10. SVTdreamin04

SVTdreamin04 What's a "Termi"??? Premium Member Established Member

[mention]RedVenom48 [/mention] I would drop that forum like a bad habit with the way they were giving you friendly for calling out someone being dishonest on a sale. I liked the part about agent orange and the shaky photos. The interior was the fuzziest photo of them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedVenom48 likes this.
  11. ZYBORG

ZYBORG Let's roll.. Established Member

5C456B77-5A27-4616-85B9-5CC703BA93FA.jpeg

12. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

People are getting the seller's later posts admitting to it (after it being brought to light) as disclosure and that isn't what it looked like starting off the ad and I don't think he wanted to disclose it.

My whole thing about disclosing it is not so much about the current value or selling the car as a lower trim but just about keeping the overall integrity of sales of collector vehicles so these kinds of things have to be called out and corrected whenever found. Some may not believe it surprisingly, but a C6Z will become a collector car someday. When EVs have fully taken over and there are a lot less low miles original C6Zs around, that owner of the car may want to get it appraised and the car will not be able to be appraised for it's full value for not meeting its trim as designated by the vin. My dad had a blue 68 427/435hp vert with blue interior and if he had that car today 53 years later and he got it appraised only to find out the value was significantly lower because it was actually supposed to have the black interior... well I think most people would be pretty upset to find out your classic car could have appraised much higher.

It's a simple thing to just acknowledge that you swapped the interiors to a lower model trim. No one's going to crucify you but they will appreciate the honesty if they are on a search for an original car. It's a lot easier to type out a few sentences in your ad (for a notable swap that should be disclosed anyways) then for someone like me who likes Zs but doesn't know what interior combo goes with what. I know how to find it out but it would take me a little longer to piece it together. Just be honest and upfront, damn.

RedVenom48 likes this.
  13. blk02edge

blk02edge Well-Known Member Established Member

Demon crate is stock

Tunedprt91, me32 and Klaus like this.
  14. gimmie11s

15. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Or a Rim

BlckBox04 likes this.
  16. Cman01

Cman01 hello Established Member

Anyways, like I said now that what he did is revealed anybody that is interested in the car can purchase it if it's not a big deal to them that the car is now a molested 2LZ car..............again caveat emptor.

RedVenom48 and me32 like this.
  17. ZYBORG

ZYBORG Let's roll.. Established Member

Cman spreading semen all over the “no big deal bros” faces, in this thread.

hemang.gif

me32 and Cman01 like this.
  18. gimmie11s

I would say the value is definitely decreased, long term speaking only, by approximately 17.63% based on historical trends.

He is best advised to correct the ad immediately while i tighten my velcro New Balance shoes.

Buyer beware!

RedVenom48 and me32 like this.
  19. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-in-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Bro, no lie I want a pair when I turn 40.

20. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-in-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

It was interesting seeing as many guys jump to his defense about it. Totally missed the point which was the deception of the swap in the initial ad. Admitting to it after the fact does NOT absolve him of the initial deception.

Most probably dont care. But as @svtfocus2cobra and his dad found out, it can be a big killer years down the road. And THAT is what the sellers dishonesty needs to be called for.

I'm sure there are plenty of buyers today that dont care and would gladly own it. But what happens to the next owner that wants to sell, only to have offers pulled from people who know their shit and see it's not eligible to be an original car