But the mustang wont get ecoboost...

65fastback2+2

Established Member
or....maybe its the other way around?

It would not use EcoBoost- Ford's combination of direct fuel injection and turbocharging-but it would be engineered to withstand forced induction and to package EcoBoost fuel injectors in the future.

But as we just heard, this doesn't mean the Coyote will always keep its traditional charms. The engine was engineered from the beginning for supercharging or EcoBoost, so why not EcoBoost the engine now?

"So we wanted to make sure when we did the initial design work that it would be robust enough to not have to re-engineer the whole thing down the road and any subsequent programs would be very investment efficient and time efficient and so we did package DI injectors, we did really improve the bulkhead strength to take supercharging, we upgraded the cylinder head bolts and the main bearing bolts, all of that stuff."

The engine was engineered from the beginning for supercharging or EcoBoost

Im a firm believer, either a special edition or the GT500 will end up with an ecoboost 5.0....no matter what ford guy says it wont fit.

2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote Engine - 5.0 Mustang & Fast Fords

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Of course they wont admit to it now; it'll hurt immediate sales. But the writing is on the wall, if you look closely enough. Probably not until MY 2014 though.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Of course they wont admit to it now; it'll hurt immediate sales. But the writing is on the wall, if you look closely enough. Probably not until MY 2014 though.

Just as long as they make a supercharged version for those of us who actually want our Mustangs cost less, to have instant throttle response, and NOT sound like hairdryers.

My vote is for direct injection with a positive displacement blower. Don't get me wrong, turbocharging is great (my daily driver is a direct injected, turbocharged Mazdaspeed6), but it's just not right for the Mustang.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
what a stupid thread. yes, lets all immediately jump to conclusions and assume that they are talking about a mustang application, and not another application. such as a production 'bobcat' for the superduty, putting out numbers equivalent to the powerstroke...

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
what a stupid thread. yes, lets all immediately jump to conclusions and assume that they are talking about a mustang application, and not another application. such as a production 'bobcat' for the superduty, putting out numbers equivalent to the powerstroke...

All he was doing was refering to the link that is talking about the Coyote and any future plans that are in store for it. It may or may not be slated for other applications when boosted, who knows? Right now, the N/A version appears to be only destined for the GT and F150, so why NOT assume that it will evolve further into a future SVT Mustang application? Isn't what these boards are all about? Discussion?

All he was doing was stating his opinion and wanted to discuss it. I don't see what all the fuss is about. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread