Business website SEO price?

coposrv

Established Member
Working with a marketing firm the last few month or so building a digital marketing campaign. They’re building a website for my electrical business focused on home services.

$100 month for site and hosting.
$1800/SEO
$1800/google add words
Couple extra add ones that push the total to 5k monthly. No contract, I can shit things off at will.
We’re also setting up iPads with kickserv CRM for each tech to have in the truck.

Sound expensive? I’m covering a 30 mile radius just outside metro Boston. Need to keep 2 service trucks busy. Sales goal is $1450 per day each truck not counting sales on material markup. Just selling labor. The numbers work out, kind of. I know it’s not cheap but almost 5k a month is still 5k a month.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

coposrv

Established Member
My grammar and spelling is awful. It’s been a busy few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Let us know how that giggle ad campaign works out. The people that get burned don't talk about it. This is a racket unless the company that sets it up gives you feedback on the initial setup and is willing to make adjustments till you get the results you want. People will take your money quickly. Best tell them you expectations. Ask to see the results for each key words it's your account. Get to know and understand what you are paying for.

coposrv

Established Member
You couldn't hire a full time staff member to do sales and seo for 5k a month?

Maybe? Maybe not? I don’t know enough about seo or how it works to have an opinion. My philosophy has always been to focus on my strengths and put people in place who have have strengths where my weaknesses are.

coposrv

Established Member
Let us know how that giggle ad campaign works out. The people that get burned don't talk about it. This is a racket unless the company that sets it up gives you feedback on the initial setup and is willing to make adjustments till you get the results you want. People will take your money quickly. Best tell them you expectations. Ask to see the results for each key words it's your account. Get to know and understand what you are paying for.

It’s a reputable national company. Metrics are readily available to me. They will show exactly where the money is going and the results of the investment. It cannot however predict the future.

MFE

Established Member
Actual SEO is a front-loaded effort, identifying your site's shortcomings, prioritizing them in terms of cost vs reward, then addressing them. Short of a complete Google alorithm change, the maintenance SEO after the fix-it stage shouldn't be as much as the earlier effort. A flat rate per month seems odd. But, good SEO means your site addresses consumers needs better as far as Google is concerned, meaning you rank better on organic listings, meaning you don't have to invest as much in Paid search results in order to be seen front and center. So, done well, it's a good investment, but it goes beyond page technicalities that anybody good at it can find and (hopefully) fix, and ventures into your page providing content/information that helps the people who are searching.

Also, who else in your category are they doing SEM (Paid Search) (AdWords) for? If they're providing this service for your competitors, that's a conflict of interest, as they (claim to) optimize your accounts and theirs, you're really just bidding up each others' keyword prices.

How are they getting paid? Ask them how they make their money. Ask for a breakdown of how much time is actually spent on your account. How much of it is off-shored? How much of it is automated?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
5k a month ain’t shit. I’m sure you’ll end up paying way more. They’re probably not including the actual cost of running campaigns that will actually drive results. That shits not cheap. Probably end up doing some click funnels for better leads/results. But that’s not cheap either.

robvas

Established Member
"SEO optimization" as a monthly charge is BS. Like MFE said, they should build your site in the right way so that it's not needed.

$100/month hosting when they're going to stick you on a $5/10 web host is nuts. They're probably going to charge you up the ass to renew your domain and update certificates etc etc.

You can sign up for Adwords with Google in 5 minutes, and spend $1800/month yourself. They have videos on how it works.

However, for your business, you're probably better off spending the time/money on Yelp, Angie's List, Facebook ads. I'd find a college kid to handle your 'social media presence' for a couple hundred a week.

Also, $1450 a day for labor? Is that one tech or two? How much does an electrican cost in Boston? o_O

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
i use google adwords in my business.. none of this sounds accurate or legit.. without a doubt, your webhosting can be done from your ISP.. Charter, AT&T, etc can do it for $5-10 a month..

after your website is built, focus on staying current with Facebook or Instagram.. Google Adwords can keep you at the top for a fraction of the cost you're talking about, UNLESS every electrical business is spending more than what you said..

keep your keywords relevant and use what works.. i set my ads to stop running around 7:00pm and start again at 6:00am.. i dont want drunks calling me from a bar room for no reason.. also, use Google to help you find ways to make your CTR better.. I get a phone call every couple months from a guy (yes he's indian and sounds like a scammer) who has helped me tremendously..

tistan

Established Member
Actual SEO is a front-loaded effort, identifying your site's shortcomings, prioritizing them in terms of cost vs reward, then addressing them. Short of a complete Google alorithm change, the maintenance SEO after the fix-it stage shouldn't be as much as the earlier effort. A flat rate per month seems odd. But, good SEO means your site addresses consumers needs better as far as Google is concerned, meaning you rank better on organic listings, meaning you don't have to invest as much in Paid search results in order to be seen front and center. So, done well, it's a good investment, but it goes beyond page technicalities that anybody good at it can find and (hopefully) fix, and ventures into your page providing content/information that helps the people who are searching.

Also, who else in your category are they doing SEM (Paid Search) (AdWords) for? If they're providing this service for your competitors, that's a conflict of interest, as they (claim to) optimize your accounts and theirs, you're really just bidding up each others' keyword prices.

How are they getting paid? Ask them how they make their money. Ask for a breakdown of how much time is actually spent on your account. How much of it is off-shored? How much of it is automated?
Every SEO company I have met with offer the same shit and want me to pay at least $1k a month in maintenance. I hired a recent college grad part time for $16 an hour. He works on that and is now redoing my website.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a good start!

I pay almost $25k a month. Luckily, it does work, and you will get your money back. Just make sure your sales are following the curve of clicks. If not, it means they're targeting easy clicks that won't do business with you.

Machdup1

Established Member
The price actually seems a little low. We have clients that range from $500 a month to more than $100k/month for those services. All depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Will they provide reports demonstrating that the campaign is effective or not?

coposrv

Established Member

-They build then optimize the site every few weeks.

-The numbers are budgetary not locked in

-They do work with other ECs in SEM but they say that none are in my targeted working area. This conflict is something I was very adamant about avoiding and I’m sure they’re current EC clients watch for this as well.

coposrv

Established Member
That's a good start!

I pay almost $25k a month. Luckily, it does work, and you will get your money back. Just make sure your sales are following the curve of clicks. If not, it means they're targeting easy clicks that won't do business with you.

It’s expensive for a small company but the math makes sense to me if I break it all down.

coposrv

Established Member
The price actually seems a little low. We have clients that range from $500 a month to more than $100k/month for those services. All depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Will they provide reports demonstrating that the campaign is effective or not?

Yes. I have a rep I can contact 24/7. Metrics will be provided. My advisor will be in constant contact.

coposrv

Established Member
Also, $1450 a day for labor? Is that one tech or two? How much does an electrican cost in Boston? o_O

1450/day One tech in one truck. 90k a year for a quality experienced licensed electrician plus burden, full health insurance. Service truck stocked with tools. 31k and change monthly per truck sales goal.

JJackson515

Established Member
I do all my own SEO, google ads, facebook ads, etc. NO ONE knows your business better then you or someone you have on staff. its very effective for us. I have my own graphic designer as well that I have on staff as well, probably one of my best hires as its hard to explain to someone what you're after unless they around the work everyday.

nxhappy

Established Member
pay someone to advertise on facebook. Yes I'm dead serious. Craigslist too. If you are on google and yelp, people will find you anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread