Burnouts and Slicks

Venom351R

Established Member
I know you dont have to do a long burnout w/ slicks but do you need to do a complete burn out w/ them every time you do a run? Usually Im at the track anywhere from 4-6 hrs w/ 5-6 runs. I have read you dont need to do a full burnout every time you do a run after your first initial run but just enough to clean them off, is this so?

Is there an amount of time w/ out doing a run that pass's by where you should do a full burn out again?

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Depending on HP and size of slicks.
Low HP cars or light weight may not need to get them hot to launch.

However, I never take that chance. If you looking to be consistant you want all variables to be as close as possible every run.

In my world .5PSI in tire pressure can cause a loss.
If you check pressure before burnout and go with the same pressure each time but do a different burnout you may not gain Pressure like before due to less temp.

That is just 1 example.

Besides, Most cars don't need a John force burnout and you will find that slicks last a lot longer than most think.

Bottom line,
IMO, complete burnout every pass.

Venimus03

Established Member
Just a quick 5-6 second burnout till you see some smoke should be good enough....

Last edited:

Venom351R

Established Member
Just a quick 5-6 second burnout till you see some smoke should be good enough....

Yeah I know that, what I was asking is that needed to be done on every single run not.

Thanks Stampede3

Last edited:

Duff Daddy

Established Member
i did a 5-8 sec burn out every time never had an issue with grip, you have more hp then me so youd be fine too with the same thing im assuming, even though your in that horrible right lane lol

Venom351R

Established Member
i did a 5-8 sec burn out every time never had an issue with grip, you have more hp then me so youd be fine too with the same thing im assuming, even though your in that horrible right lane lol

left lane sucks

Venom351R

Established Member
this is off subject but how do you post stuff and ask people questions cause im new to this website and dont really know what to do

When you click on a section there is a tab at the top that says NEW THREAD just click that.

Users who are viewing this thread