Burnout Pit at the track???

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I went to the Gainesville track for the first time in Idk how long yesterday and couldn't help to wonder if I should burnout in the little burnout pit that they spray. I've been a member here for awhile as well as other boards and different people always gave different answers. I always felt it was common sense to drive around the wet part but then I have to ask... if it's better to drive around the burnout pit than why in the hell do they keep spraying it with water:shrug:

Or is it really better to drive through it which would probably get my front tires a little wet too(last thing I need)?

Last edited:

george.arnold

Established Member
I went to the Gainesville track for the first time in Idk how long yesterday and couldn't help to wonder if I should burnout in the little burnout pit that they spray. I've been a member here for awhile as well as other boards and different people always gave different answers. I always felt it was common sense to drive around the wet part but then I have to ask... if it's better to drive around the burnout pit than why in the hell do they keep spraying it with water:shrug:

Or is it really better to drive through it which would probably get my front tires a little wet too(last thing I need)?

Your best bet would be to drive around the water box and then back into it with your rear tires if you want to get the tires wet for a good burnout. Otherwise, just pull around the water box, get lined up straight and pull up to the line.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
1. Drive around the water box. Don't drive through it because your full tread tires will just pick up water and drop it down the track.
2 If you're on Drag radials back up to the water box and spin your tires gently once just so that water gets over the surface and pull up about 2-3 feet. DO NOT DO A BURNOUT IN THE WATER BOX.
3. Do your burnout once the cars at the tree have left. You are not John Force. Do not imitate
4. Tree up and go.

Last edited:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I always drive through, line-lock burn out and then pre-stage (single bubble). Too much hassle driving around it then backing up, then making sure i'm lined up straight before pre staging.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I always drive through, line-lock burn out and then pre-stage (single bubble). Too much hassle driving around it then backing up, then making sure i'm lined up straight before pre staging.

More than one person has put a car into a wall in this manner. The water you drag up to the start line is dripping off your front tires 10 feet directly in front of your rear tires.

An edit to the guidelines Virtual gave...begin your burnout only after the cars in front of you have left the tree AND the race official has turned to you and directly given you the signal.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
More than one person has put a car into a wall in this manner. The water you drag up to the start line is dripping off your front tires 10 feet directly in front of your rear tires.

An edit to the guidelines Virtual gave...begin your burnout only after the cars in front of you have left the tree AND the race official has turned to you and directly given you the signal.

My last outing to the track this past month i tried the drive around technique and resulted in a new PB 60'. Whether or not this is a contributing factor is not know because i would attribuite it 99% to new FR500CJ springs and CHE anti-squat brackets :rockon:

But none the less, this will be my routine from now on.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Drivng around the water box is also proper drag racing etiquette.
Unfortunately a lot of people don't know this.
Think about the high horse power guy behind you who trying to put the power down and go straight down the track.
This can be very difficult and dangerous with water on the track.

White608

Go faster
Established Member
There are some places you can't drive around the water box. But, drive around it if you can. Cars with "skinnies" on the front with a race tire it's not that big of deal because there really isn't any tread to capture water. The street tires trap a lot of it in the tread.

Don't do a burnout in the water box and don't be in the water box with street tires. All that will do is coat your fender wells with water. Then as you stage it's getting on your tires. As stated above barley turn the tires over to get wet, pull forward about 2ft out of the water.

Don't do a big burnout with street tires, just spin them for a few seconds and take off no water needed. All you want to do is clean them off.

Riptide

Established Member
If you cant drive around it. And you have normal street radials up front. Suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Users who are viewing this thread