Bump steer kits

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
Bump steer kits w/ new k-member

Luckily I ran into a steal the other day and now need some additional parts. I got a Griggs k-member, A-arms, and bilsteins F/R with coilovers. I plan to lower the car about an 1-1.25 inches. I will be ordering MM CC plates, but also figured that I needed a bumpsteer kit. The MM kit requires drilling the spindles, while the Steeda kit does not. Does one offer any advantages over the other? Any other parts that you recommend?

Last edited:

er22bball0302

Established Member
i believer the MM ones that you drill the spindles is recommended for poeple with aftermarket k members because it offers alot more adjustability. Why not just call MM they have great costumer service and wont try to sell you something you dont neet.

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
Will a bumpsteer kit be needed for the rear as well? I think I will just stick with the MM kit

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
I have the Steeda bumpsteer kit on my Cobra project car,
and also installed a set on my buddy's Cobra.
No drilling and it bolts right on, no worries.
Huge difference in handling and steering response.

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
It cost me $20 to have my spindles drilled out at the local machine shop. I have the same setup your doing except I have MM k-member. You should consider doing motor mounts and long tubes while you have the k-member out. I waited untill I could do everything at once.

Last edited:

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
It cost me $20 to have my spindles drilled out at the local machine shop. I have the same setup your doing except I have MM k-member. You should consider doing motor mounts and long tubes while you have the k-member out. I waited untill I could do everything at once.

I have some aluminum motor mounts, but after a few searches, those look to be out. ill order some poly ones. in the headers, I plan on going turbo, so stock manifolds for me.

Users who are viewing this thread