bummed out night

DEVIL

Established Member
Went to the local track last night with the Cobra, wanted to see how the new Magnaflow X was going to do, and my neighbor and I got into the stick shift group (he has a nice Mach 1, I just put a Hurst shifter in it for him). Conditions were bad, 90 something degrees, and 90 something humidity. Well, we do a couple of runs, see how the track is, I run 104 mph, 13.6, then 103 @14. Traction really sucks, my reaction time sucked worse. Racing starts, and we lined up behind each other in line, so we didn't have to race each other, because we already know who will win. So they bring us up to the stage lane, and....we wind up racing each other, of course. I won my first round, and put my buddy out of the race. The annoucer even was remarking about how I was burning tires all throgh 1st, and well through 2nd. I decide it would be better to leave the traction control on, so round 2, the other car broke something, I have an easy win. Round 3, I go against a NEON! And the frigging kid hits a .043 light! His speed was 73.18 mpfrigginh! I ran 106, but my reaction was .7, 13 DI + .7 RT so I lost because my reaction time sucked so bad, I lost. I hate bracket racing! I also need some serious tires, Sumitomo htrzII are not the hot setup for the strip when it's damp and hot and dirty. Best I got was 108 mph.

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I fill your pain. There is a guy in an automatic G6 wins most of the time at our track cause he is real consistant. I think he runs 16-17's but he almost always hits relatively close to his dial in.

It is hard to hit consistant 60ft times on street tires in the Cobra, and well a .7 reaction time doesn't help either.

Users who are viewing this thread