• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Bullitt price?

Discussion in 'SN-95 and New Edge Mustangs' started by 01silverstang, Jun 20, 2011.

  1. 01silverstang

    01silverstang Well-Known Member Established Member

    Messages:
    1,051
    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    Need some assistance. A local dealer as a DHG Bullitt with 81k miles for $9,995. I'm thinking of trading for it, to hold me over till this fall when I will be ordering a new GT.

    I have checked KBB and they have trade listed for the Bullitt as $5,500 in excellent condition. It seems you almost never get KBB value when you go to trade so the best the guy probably got was $5,000 for it. My Saab is a 2002 9-5 Aero fully loaded with some minor things wrong. Fair value for mine is $4,025.

    I would like to offer the following, but wonder what you guys think. I was going to trade if I got $4k for the Saab and then was going to offer $6,500 purchase price for the Bullitt. I figure they instantly make $1,500 profit over what they gave trade, and then have the ability to turn a second profit with whatever above $4k they can get for the Saab.

    Thoughts... I would love to get into a Bullitt, but my current car works fine so.... not going to break the bank when it will most likely be traded in next spring.
     
  2. 01silverstang

    01silverstang Well-Known Member Established Member

    Messages:
    1,051
    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    No opinions on this? I went ahead and sent a response e-mail offering what I outlined in the first post. Haven't heard back yet...

    Maybe I should zip up my flame suit, but to me this really is just an option package on a 2001 GT with 81k miles. I guess I would have offered more if it were a Cobra or an 03-04 Mach 1 with a 4v? I guess I'll just wait and see...

    What would you guys pay for a good condition Bullitt with 81k???
     
  3. DaBigBone

    DaBigBone Well-Known Member Established Member

    Messages:
    3,776
    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2009
    Location:
    Ohio
    Why spend the money on a car now when you are getting a new GT in the fall? Seems to me like you'd just save the money for mods or something...

    Anyway, $10k isn't too bad. Obviously try and work them down a little bit. If it were me, I'd pull the trigger if they came down closer to the 9k mark, considering it's in good condition.
     
  4. 01silverstang

    01silverstang Well-Known Member Established Member

    Messages:
    1,051
    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    Well I'm trying to minimize out of pocket cost… I figured if I could get into a Bullitt for around $3k it would be nice, because I would have a more enjoyable car and have the ability to be more level headed when I go to purchase the GT.

    If I wait the wait is going to kill me… I have been waiting for 1.5 years to get back into a pony car. Realistically since the dealership is a Subaru dealership the car came in on trade, and based on research I doubt they gave the guy more than $5500 for it. So if I could trade the Saab and write a small check to be in a car that's more fun, sounds like a win win.

    So far we have one person who would pay $9k, anyone else? Don't get me wrong it's a cool car, but it's not that fast (my Saab is 250hp turbo 4) and it's mainly an appearance package minus the retuned exhaust and the metal intake...
     
  5. AntiHeightPunk

    AntiHeightPunk New Member Established Member

    Messages:
    7,261
    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2005
    Location:
    Tampa, FL
    i dont think they have that much wiggle room....most of the time when a specialty car gets traded in the owner of the car knows what he has and gets as much as he can
    i work at a car dealership fwiw
     
  6. 01silverstang

    01silverstang Well-Known Member Established Member

    Messages:
    1,051
    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    I'll have to wait and see what I hear…

    They won't go over KBB or NADA no matter what the owner thinks his limited edition car is worth. If they give more on trade, it comes out of the price of the new vehicle, or rebates. I may go up a little more but not much or there is no point…

    I can't tell you how many Mustangs I have watched sit on lots around here for months...
     
  7. AntiHeightPunk

    AntiHeightPunk New Member Established Member

    Messages:
    7,261
    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2005
    Location:
    Tampa, FL
    thats not always true dealers sometimes just need to move metal and over-allow on trades
     
  8. 01silverstang

    01silverstang Well-Known Member Established Member

    Messages:
    1,051
    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    Well I appreciate your input. I guess it will come down to what they have invested in it, and what they think they can get for it…

    I e-mailed them around 11 am and haven't heard anything back. So either they got busy on a Monday (doubtful) or they didn't like my offer. I would have assumed if they were serious about selling cars they would counter though?
     
  9. AntiHeightPunk

    AntiHeightPunk New Member Established Member

    Messages:
    7,261
    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2005
    Location:
    Tampa, FL
    i would just walk in with a number you want for you car and a number you want their car for. Quick and easy.
     
  10. 01silverstang

    01silverstang Well-Known Member Established Member

    Messages:
    1,051
    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    That's what I have done. Got an e-mail from the salesman saying it had been a busy day, asked me about miles on my trade, and said he needed to talk to his manager tomorrow morning. If we can come to an agreement it will be as simple as it comes, I will bring my trade, test drive the Bullitt, and then if all goes well write a check and be done.

    Should be a good deal for them as well, I didn't have much luck finding any credit unions or banks that would extend a loan to a vehicle older than 2004. Mine will be bought cheap enough they could wholesale it (which they probably will).

    I'll post up tomorrow with what happens. Would be nice to be back in a V8 Mustang.
     
  11. 01silverstang

    01silverstang Well-Known Member Established Member

    Messages:
    1,051
    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    Well mini-update... the salesman explained they really needed to see my trade in person to give a fair price. However he went on to say, that from talking to his manager and "making some calls" they didn't think they could do $4,000 on trade, more in the range of $2,500.

    I researched comps to my car that were listed on Autotrader and found they were all listed between $6,400 and $7,500. So I e-mailed that back to him and explained that with $4,000 trade, and an asking price in-line with the others $2,400-$3,500 profit wasn't unreasonable. Granted cars sell for what they sell for, they would still make money on the trade. I also explained that while I had a little room to negotiate that I couldn't justify driving 70 miles each way to go test drive the car and let them appraise mine if they didn't think they could do more than $2,500.

    That's where we are at now, hopefully I hear something else this evening. I also once again pointed out I could write a check if we can get to some agreement, I really see them having a hard time selling a car most banks wouldn't give a loan on for that much money...
     
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

Share This Page