Bullitt Pedal Install - SN95 How To

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Well I'm sure we've all read the instructions and pieced together the "boil the pedals in the water" posts but I wanted to make a REAL full "how to" for the install from my experience yesterday to help out any future installs:

Bullitt Pedal Install -

Dead Pedal Install - The dead pedal is the EASIEST of the 4 pedals to install. Simply take a flathead screwdriver and pry it off the metal backing. You might have to wiggle the pedal around and twist it but it comes out very easy - some say the backings (2) snap off - for me it just popped out of place.

For the bullitt dead pedal - simply snap it into the existing holes and press it down.

Clutch/Brake Pedal Install - The OEM rubber pieces slip right off. Do that first.

1. Take a knife (or an exacto knife) and cut very small slits into the rubber (all around) of each pedal inside - by doing so you create more surface area for the clutch/brake metal pieces to slip into without any damage to the overall pedal.

2. Boil both pedals for 10 minutes.

3. Strain the water - drop them into a towel or rag and give them a minute to cool down so you can handle them. (Or you can wear gloves)

4. Spray soapy water in both the inside of both pedals and on the metal pedals in the car (brake and clutch)

5. Work the rubber from the BOTTOM to the TOP. By cutting the small slits in the pedal they will slip right on. Some may tell you they got them on without it, some won't. For my experience I HAD to cut some of the rubber - there wasn't enough area to cover the pedal without doing so.

Accelerator Pedal - You need to remove the old busted rubber gas pedal by twisting it off of the old Ford pin - some say to "cut" the pin afterwards - I hammered it out.

1. To install the new gas pedal - you need a 3 inch machine screw (One that fits the thickness of the holes in the new pedal), a washer and a locking nut that go with the screw. (If you can reuse the old OEM piece - good luck!)

2. Use a wrench or socket to tighten the pedal - IF YOU DO NOT TIGHTEN IT TO THE MAX your pedal will flip down and you will be gassing the Cobra with just the metal extension!! (Trust me I did this yesterday when I installed a thinner screw! :bash:)

Overall - the install was easy - but I had to make 2 trips to the hardware store because I initially bought the machine screw that was the same length as the OEM Pin - you NEED to get a screw that is LONGER than the OEM so you have enough adequate room to tighten it. (3'' was perfect because it could barely be seen behind the pedal)

- SVT-VNM :beer:

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
Here are two pics, so you can see the diference :thumbsup:

dsc01988au6-1.jpg

DSC04370.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread