• It looks great, keep it.

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Bullitt Gas Tank cover?

What do you guys think (see link below)? I don't know if I like it or not. It looks good up close, but not from a distance. I'm thinking about painting it the same color as the car.

Just want some opinions... thanks..

Click here for my Cobra Web Page

Last edited:

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra1999
I think its look good, but I would paint it the same color as the car. :coolman:

I agree that's why I voted against it. It needs to be the same color of the car...

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

svtmesoon

Established Member
I like it, I would leave it just like you have it now. Beautiful car, your car is the exactly what I'm looking for.

svtmesoon

Established Member
Don't paint it man! If your gonna paint it, might as well put the stock one back on, it's already painted.

P51 Pilot

Established Member
I'm a bit late to the thread... The car does look stunning. My 2 cents - gas cap would look good with the outer ring painted and the inner lid silver - reduces the apparent size but keeps the race feel.

Curious - did you have to roll the lips on rear fenders to fit the 295s at back or did your suspension changes allow the fit with stock bodywork? At the back of mine, I've got Saleen's rear 18x9 wheels that hit the (unrolled) fender lips with 275/40s. I've had to mount 255/40s to get clearance.

Thanks.

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by P51 Pilot
I'm a bit late to the thread... The car does look stunning. My 2 cents - gas cap would look good with the outer ring painted and the inner lid silver - reduces the apparent size but keeps the race feel.

Curious - did you have to roll the lips on rear fenders to fit the 295s at back or did your suspension changes allow the fit with stock bodywork? At the back of mine, I've got Saleen's rear 18x9 wheels that hit the (unrolled) fender lips with 275/40s. I've had to mount 255/40s to get clearance.

Thanks.

Thanks P51 Pilot, appreciate the comments (thanks to everyone else too if I forgot to thank you).

Okay, as for the tires. My current suspension is super tough, and super tough on my butt too. So, I don't have a problem with it rubbing the tires, HOWEVER, I did just once with someone in the back seat and I was on the highway going about 80-90 and hit a bump (the same bump I hit all the time with no problem with only 2 people in the car)... So, now no one rides in the back seat. :)

It left some tiny little scratches on the outter part of the tire that one time, other than that, no problems.

P51 Pilot

Established Member
Thanks for the quick response!

I forgot to mention that I'm running Eibachs and Koni Yellows. But looks like you've lowered yours as well.

So, I guess in this case the shock setting and wheel offset are the keys. I know that the rear Saleens have a 12mm offset (fronts are 25mm). The Cobra 9.5s must have something significantly less if you've got only minor scratches on the bump with 295s. I got noticable sidewall wear on the 275s with just me in the car doing 70 over regular freeway surface irregularities.

Interestingly, the wear was on only the driver side - turns out that the factory specs allow for 1/4 in + tolerance from centerline in the mounting of the IRS. Thus, the passenger side was clean. Maybe I'll just dial up the rear Konis on the next tire change...

A harsher ride may be worth it - in addition to the grip, 295s simply make a very cool statement that is just too hard to let pass by... :)

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
Any mods to make a non-Bullitt look like one are wrong in my opinion. If you wanted a Bullitt, you should have bought one.

Users who are viewing this thread