Bullitt Fuel Door Installed.....

SilverSVT

Established Member
Finally got it on and it looks F-ing amazing! Installation was not too bad, but most of the credit goes to my Dad. My patience level is not enough and without him, it wouldn't be on there and look so damn fine!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I'll get some daytime pics tomorrow.

stunts

Established Member
looks SWEET!. havent decided if i am gonna do it. the fact that the doors now cost 90$ now has been the current deterrent. Good job. I do want to see the daytime shots too though.

svtcarboy

Established Member
Agreed Joey, in fact, I think it looks tacky on a non-silver car... but then again if they could hide the fuel filler completely while still making it convenient (not like the behind the license plate designs), I'd be all for it.

Oh well, my taste has always been towards being monochromatic and letting form and texture make the statement.

SilverSVT

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys, and sorry about the crappy pics. I just couldn't wait to get some pics up for everyone to see. I took a few pics in the daytime as promised, once I get it washed I will take some complete car and any other angles I find interesting.

I know I am a shutterbug, and the digital camera with unlimited film possibilitiess doesn't help any :).

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I wasn't tp sure I liked it on the black at first, but after seeing mine on, I think it would look good on any color. I really want to see it on a T-Red.

I have to thank Chris Hightower for the excellent how-to, I wouldn't have even attempted it without his how-to.

SilverSVT

Established Member
Actually, I am waiting on Brad Noon to begin selling his matching brushed aluminum, I think it should set the door off nicely.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Did you have to drill holes for every screw?
Can you send me the link to Chris's how to? I'm too tired and lazy to search tonight :D Thanks

Joey

I don't get out much
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Did you have to drill holes for every screw?
Can you send me the link to Chris's how to? I'm too tired and lazy to search tonight :D Thanks

Here's the link to his site...

Bullitt Fuel Door Install

I actually found it easier to only use one bracket at the 4:30ish position, and drill a hole through the tab at the 10:00ish position. This keeps you from needing to bend the tabs.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Last edited:

SilverSVT

Established Member
I still bent the tabs back, but only enought to allow the "bumps" to clear and let the ring sit flush. I still used 2 brackets at the positions that Chris recomended. Believe him when he says get lots of washers, I think we used about 30-40.

svtcarboy

Established Member
Agreed on the brushed aluminum sail panels... the silver color gives you a lot more flexibility than my Toreador gives me (but then, I prefer the red... sticks out more at meets :D )

Users who are viewing this thread