Bullit due in 2008

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Sweet, i wonder how it'll look. I guess the Boss is gonna be in 09 or 2010? I hope ford will have special offers on financing when the boss or bullit or even the gt500 in a couple of years.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
no word on an engine, but I owuld assume the bullit would be like the last bullit.
suspension tweaks, more agressive gears, 5 speed only, special interior features, rims, etc....
I would fathom the 3 valve 4.6 finding it's way into this one.

I wouldn't imagine using a diff motor untill the Boss or Mach 1.
Cuz those are names that we already associate with a higher performance Mustang. Tho Ford has no other suitable v8. the only other v8 that's reasonably sized in the 5.4, which is only an iron block cept for the GT. But there have been a few rumors kicking around about a new 351 in the works after the Hurricane project was dead twice over....

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
I hope your wrong.^^^^^^ The movie Bullit was great for mustangs and their enthusiests. When they made the newer bullit it did not have the mystique it should have. I hope they do a N/A 5.4 quad in those frame rails.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
The current 5.4 is a heffer and a half. only if it was aluminum block with aluminum heads would it be a good idea. BUT, ford has no aluminum block aluminum head 4v 5.4. They would have to get the motor certified for emissions, and they won't do that for a SE like the Bullit. The last bullit was a rebadged GT with a few extras. The new one won't be much different. With a new SE every year....
I wonder if it means
2008 Bullit
2009 Boss
2010 Mach 1 etc
or if it means they will start production on the cars and they will last a year or two like the Mach 1s and previous bullit.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Cobra Jet 429 said:
The current 5.4 is a heffer and a half. only if it was aluminum block with aluminum heads would it be a good idea. BUT, ford has no aluminum block aluminum head 4v 5.4. They would have to get the motor certified for emissions, and they won't do that for a SE like the Bullit. The last bullit was a rebadged GT with a few extras. The new one won't be much different. With a new SE every year....
I wonder if it means
2008 Bullit
2009 Boss
2010 Mach 1 etc
or if it means they will start production on the cars and they will last a year or two like the Mach 1s and previous bullit.

whatever it is.. it means good news for me. I will most likely have the BOSS or Mach in the near future.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
I doubt it will have any significant power increases.

It will be like the last bullitt....

-DHGreen
-The Bullitt look
-The Bullitt handling
-The Bullitt Sound

Wintermute

Banned
You guys are killing me. BulliTT. . .

Anyway, the s197 was made for the fastback look, I hope they do it right (and for whats its worth I think they did it right in '01, except for a little more hp).

93snake93

Established Member

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the bullitt is a great car!

its .3 faster 0-60 than a mustang gt.
its outlapping the shelby gt at the miller autopark.
and it only cost 31k.

in short....

the bullitt cost the same as a mustang gt(with a few options) but is faster, and handles better.
the bullitt is faster than the shelby gt and cost 8k less!
ford did one hell of a job on the new bullitt!

also...

in compirison to another coupe, the bullitt will out accelerate a g37. it will stick harder in the corners(.84 g37, .87 bullitt) and cost less(5k less) than a g37.:rockon::pepper:

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
It has a reg. gt engine /w intake 315 they say........WOW!!!

Its 315 with regular unleaded. Ford says that the engine management will sense different octane levels and adjust accordingly.

Instead of many of the other engines, (3.5L V6s come to mind) that require you to run super to get the advertised, the Bullet is rated right off the bat with regular. You get more hp with super. Dont forget the gears and suspension. Its a far better car than the GT.

Mr. OAM

Established Member
I wrote to Derrick Kuzac who is EVP of Product Development. He told me that they consulted the Bullit Owners organization (can't remember their exact name) for input and reviews of the car before it was made available for the LA Auto Show. They were very impressed with the improved handling of the car and over all were very satisfied with Ford's efforts. Ford is eliciting this kind of input from fans of its cars, just like the Focus Fanatics message board members were brought in and asked for input for the 2008 Focus. I know of at least 3 changes that were made as a direct result of their input.

All of these people were given the tour of the plant as well and watched these vehicles being assembled. They got to test drive them and give Ford their views, and Ford listened. This is the new Ford.

Also, as of this week 28% of the Bullitt production run has already been ordered by future owners. That may say something about it's acceptance as well.

Steve

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the new body style will be out for the 2010 or 2011 model year.

oh the new bullitt just put down 288 and 308 respectively at the wheels. i presume this is on 93 oct. thats closer to 330hp and 340tq at the crank!

chefalan23

Established Member
imo the new bullit should have a lower stance with wider tires, different interior trim, like seats, shifter (maybe a retro hurst) gauges, a catted x with some frpp stingers and a side exit exhaust, bigger brakes, a functional scoop, and maybe consider PI heads, cams and intake. along with a built rear end and stiffer clutch. that i believe would be a badass bullit.

roach4047

Established Member
I wonder if it means
2008 Bullit
2009 Boss
2010 Mach 1 etc

Didn't Ford put an aluminum motor with aluminum 4v heads into the GT supercar? That could easily be mainstreamed into these mustangs and for any of you naysayers out there on this just remember the cobra 2000R with the 5.4 2v motor in it and the current GT500. Or am I totally wrong here.

Roach

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread