Bull Elk Vs Man

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'd imagine that lowering his head only fed more into the young Bull's idea. Probably some bleeding heart liberal.

oldmodman

Established Member
That didn't look like normal "rut" behavior. It almost looked like the young Elk was scent marking the guy.
I thought he was going to get peed on.
And maybe the Elk just liked his hat.

Equalbracket

Established Member
And nobody thought to just ease a car up on him to make him go away?

Doesn't look like anyone is scared..15mph speed sign, and hes sitting on the road, guessing this is a state park or something? He could have so easily been stabbed lol.

edit. Didn't watch it all, guess he was scared when he left all his shit and got in the car.

[video=youtube;7borw_SMPQc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7borw_SMPQc[/video]

I like this one.

Last edited:

Sirraf

Established Member
It looks like the Elk was just playing honestly. Still scary as thought he was going to take one in the jug.

MTBSully

Established Member
I would never do it, but call me naive but it looks like the elk was just trying to play with him. Pretty sure if he really wanted to hurt him he easily could have.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Unreal they guys are that stupid to play with wild animals

What? Did you even watch the video? The guy was minding his own business and the elk came up to him and confronted him.

That bull was just curious, still obviously young. In a National Park, there isn't exactly a reason for animals to be scared of humans because they don't show any real threat towards them. Just looking for a playmate for a few mintues.

killbee

Established Member
And for the photographers efforts they put down the elk because the Forest Service said it was too aggressive to humans. They decided it would be danger to the parks guests. I live pretty close to this part of the park, I couldn't believe they killed the elk over that, it was the stupidity of the guy, not the elks.

Lockdown

Established Member
And for the photographers efforts they put down the elk because the Forest Service said it was too aggressive to humans. They decided it would be danger to the parks guests. I live pretty close to this part of the park, I couldn't believe they killed the elk over that, it was the stupidity of the guy, not the elks.

Stupidity of the guy?

He was on the ground and the bull approached. The bull started to do a little sparring match to see what he was like. Bull eventually left the guy got up and not a bruise or scratch on either mammal.... I call that a successful encounter with a large wild creature.

I'm pretty sure if I was on the ground I wouldn't jump up a go into a complete rage to scare off a bull elk that is not more than 10 feet from me cause if he didn't get scared but angry I'd have ZERO cover to run to if he charged.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Stupidity of the guy?

He was on the ground and the bull approached. The bull started to do a little sparring match to see what he was like. Bull eventually left the guy got up and not a bruise or scratch on either mammal.... I call that a successful encounter with a large wild creature.

I'm pretty sure if I was on the ground I wouldn't jump up a go into a complete rage to scare off a bull elk that is not more than 10 feet from me cause if he didn't get scared but angry I'd have ZERO cover to run to if he charged.

Exactly. The elk didn't attack the guy at all. Horrible an animal as majestic as an elk was killed over just being curious.

Now had the elk just straight charged him and speared him, different story.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Exactly. The elk didn't attack the guy at all. Horrible an animal as majestic as an elk was killed over just being curious.

Now had the elk just straight charged him and speared him, different story.

Did you read the link posted about why it was put down though? It had been "hazed" numerous times in the past (shot with paint ball guns, and bean bag rounds) due to being too aggressive with park visitors. They also said the Elk had already been relocated to another area of the park, but it made it's way back to the same area again. Humans feeding the animals, and having no fear of humans, makes them become more brave than normal. If dumb asses would obey some simple park rules (like not feeding wild animals) maybe they wouldn't have some Elk becoming aggressive. What if that Elk had done that to a little kid? It's a risk the park can't take.

Users who are viewing this thread