Built whipple/KB Terminators in here....

CobraKid04

Established Member
I know it’s a hard question to answer. If you had to ballpark a price how much would it cost to professionally build a whipple, built .20 bottom end, suspension, rear and all the little things. If you have a built whipple/KB cobra post up a pics of you car/engine and mod list. Sorry for the vague question just trying to get an idea for the future. :beer:

CobraKid04

Established Member
Dang, I didn't think it would be that high!!! Hopefully you were shootin way outside the ballpark.hahaha

20psirabbit

Established Member
15k is really not all that much if you think about it. 5k will get you a whipple and supporting mods on the car. 5k will get you fully built suspension. so the 5k left for whatever else you had on your list. it's about right, but at that point you have a pretty monster of a car.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Why are you going .20 over on the cylinders? There is no real gain by doing this, and is usually only done if the block needed reworked due to wall damage.

-Jeff

DeadEnd..

Established Member
I Was thinking it was going to be around that price too! Was hoping like you for it to be less:( but if you have a wish like mine it will be more that that:nonono: Oh Well we.:coolman:

s_x_i

Established Member
Mmm... It costs a lot.

I did a fully built stroker motor with heads and cams and with labor it was over $11,000

Then add in my KB, my Rear End, my Fuel System and everything else and $15,000 is way way cheap!

GodStang

Established Member
I am around $60K, $20K for car + $40K in mods. We did 99% of the work ourselves. I still am mostly stock on suspension except built IRS. Stock springs, shocks, and K-Member.

Josh4.jpg

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
when i bought my car it had around 15k invested, thats with a brand new sra from ford along with drag struts and shocks. motor was stock with a 2.2L kb and full exhaust with stock headers and supporting fuel mods etc. and when it blew up it cost me around 7k but i had to get a used set of heads b/c both heads where taken out when the motor went. also my motor is not fully built just bored 20 over with cp pistons and arp studs. so my car is up there in the 20's, good luck!

CobraKid04

Established Member
Why are you going .20 over on the cylinders? There is no real gain by doing this, and is usually only done if the block needed reworked due to wall damage.

-Jeff

I don't know thought that was the proper thing to do when building the engine. Due to the piston to wall clearence.

I am around $60K, $20K for car + $40K in mods. We did 99% of the work ourselves. I still am mostly stock on suspension except built IRS. Stock springs, shocks, and K-Member.

Josh4.jpg

That is a nasty machine!!!!

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Approx $20k for my GT. That includes shortblock, heads, cams, KB 2.6H, custom return style fuel system, and all the labor, shop supplies, shipping price for parts, etc. It really adds up, as you can see.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Skip the motor, you'll know when you need a motor. Get the KB mammoth kit, firgure 7-7.5k for kit and mods needed to fuel system installed by a shop. Irs brace (if you don't already have it) some kind of springs (steeda springs are a great setup for a bit lower stance and they are designed to do well in the corners as well) build the IRS, all this for around 10k installed by a shop. Or save a few bucks and do some of the work yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread