Built stroker motor with F1A Procharger on E85 - dyno pull

Teej281

Established Member
Sick car! 380cfm hand ported is a lot of air! Nice work! That car has to be a handful. The stealth 340 pumps will work in the return style hat from fore. That will probably be a great setup for you to run. Should be good to close to 1400rwhp on corn!

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Car has return style fuel system , I don't want to mess around with fuel system much right now.Do you think that 3 Walbros will be fine for that power level . I'd much rather just trow 3 Walbros in it now instead of getting the tank sumped with one big pump.

My recommendation would indeed be triple Walbros. They're pretty reliable (As long as you don't get a chinese knockoff) and proven to make power for years. I don't know anything about the new Aeromotive pumps so I can't comment on their reliability.

Good luck with the trans too. I don't see a Viper Spec T-56 holding up for too long. A lot of times they'll break the mainshaft or gear with the 2-3 Shift. The problem is the gear size is still that of a T-56 and the metal just can't survive. The Magnum has larger gears and shafts to put up with the additional stress.

If you can swing it, upgrade to the T-56 Magnum before you break the Viper Spec. You shouldn't have to come much out of pocket (I picked up a used Magnum for $2000, although that was a huge steal), and you'd be a lot safer. Otherwise you'll have to wait until the Viper Spec breaks and spend the full amount for a Magnum.

95SC

Banned
I see your in Ill. I'm in Indiana who are you having tune this? I have a set up that is really close to this and trying to find some one to tune it. Thanks I hope mine runs that good.

Mike Post at DynotuneMP

I loved that clutch. I destroyed my D+D Viper spec after about 1000 miles going into 3rd gear on only 750hp. Hopefully yours lasts a little longer. The Magnum was a much better tranny then the viper spec though.

If it brakes then I'll upgrade to something different

i wanted this car SOOO bad, you bought it off of Vegas on here right?

Why didn't you get it then when it was for sale ?

Derek those 342 pumps from walbro will be more than enough... They flow 255 lph over the Ford GT's 235 lph

I just did some digging and looks like they won't be enough

You could run 3 of the aeromotive 340 stealth pumps. They claim that 2 of those pumps only flow like 50lph less than walboro's. So if you run 3 you should have plenty i would think. How far do you live from st. Louis area.

I'm trowing 3 DW300 pumps as soon as they get here.

you can run the 340's in the walbro hat. you can also run a bap on any pumps. I have a gt500 twin bap on my car.

Thanks

They will work! JamesHell is putting them on his cobra with a Triple Fore' hat!

Your car is Sweet! What Horsepower are you trying to get out of it?

Thanks , I don't want any more power I just want to rev the car to like 73-7400 rpms .

Sick car! 380cfm hand ported is a lot of air! Nice work! That car has to be a handful. The stealth 340 pumps will work in the return style hat from fore. That will probably be a great setup for you to run. Should be good to close to 1400rwhp on corn!

Thanks

22lbs and 908rwhp :rockon:

i wanna see what it makes on 25+psi

Cog Setup FTW!

I don't think I want to push more power now , maybe next year I will up the boost by few psi

My recommendation would indeed be triple Walbros. They're pretty reliable (As long as you don't get a chinese knockoff) and proven to make power for years. I don't know anything about the new Aeromotive pumps so I can't comment on their reliability.

Good luck with the trans too. I don't see a Viper Spec T-56 holding up for too long. A lot of times they'll break the mainshaft or gear with the 2-3 Shift. The problem is the gear size is still that of a T-56 and the metal just can't survive. The Magnum has larger gears and shafts to put up with the additional stress.

If you can swing it, upgrade to the T-56 Magnum before you break the Viper Spec. You shouldn't have to come much out of pocket (I picked up a used Magnum for $2000, although that was a huge steal), and you'd be a lot safer. Otherwise you'll have to wait until the Viper Spec breaks and spend the full amount for a Magnum.

Thanks , if I brake the viper spec I'll most likely trow th400 in it.

Nioce!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
this looks awesome- and very similar to my setup except mine's a 97' without the stroker. damn I need to finish this car- just degreed the cams yesterday- awesome numbers op

Users who are viewing this thread