Built motor

stangfreak

Established Member
whats up boys. You guys that have a built motor, what compression are you now running? Im looking at getting a 2016. I really want a coyote. I see racing videos but they never mention the compression they are running in there built 5.0. Man these cars with boost, are insane. stupid fast.

TVSed GT

Established Member
Most of the fast cars run e85 which loves compression. Anything less than stock 11-17 (11:1) is going backwards IMO. The 2018+ Coyote is a 12:1 motor and loves e85 and boost.

2nd what gimmie11s said about compression, don’t go backwards. Old school mindset of low compression on boost isn’t they way to make power with a coyote

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you’re building it, even for boost, 12:1 is probably the right answer.
I say probably because it’s all about having the correct fuel.
So unless you’re going for crazy big 1500+hp, then 12:1 and good fuel is proven for 1000-1200hp.
Gotta love modern power.
-J

stangfreak

Established Member
Those are some crazy numbers. Yea you would have to run e85 all the time with that much compression. I was under the impression that the guys building there coyotes were dropping there compression.

At first I wanted to build my 03 cobra motor. But I think the coyote motor would be better making more power. I would like to own both cars but I think I may have to let the cobra go when the time comes. I can find a 16 for a good price. This time around since the car has no power adder, its straight to turbos. I never made the switch on the cobra. Just kept the blower. It was easier.

Users who are viewing this thread