Built motor people, question.

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
I know different circumstances and variables come into play but how much did you pay for your forged rebuild when all said and done? Ive been through 3 rebuilds with other vehicles and they didnt cost as much as the one im going through now. Everything looks ok kinda on paper but I just want to compare before I go pay. Thanks..

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Built with ported heads and cams less than $8,000
Not included in price: Fuel pump, fuel line, fuel hat, fuel regulator upgrade, headers, long bars, bigger MAF, bigger injectors, trans upgrade, Whipple, drag springs and shocks, Detroit trutrac, e-fans, Navi pump, Bogarts and drag tires, dyno tune time, Etc.

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
Ditto, mine has run me about $8100 w/ stage 2 ported heads and custom cams. It's the supporting mods for the extra power you'll want to make that add up.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
mine is on par with the above post. Figure about another 2k for the install if you arent doing it. then the extra stuff "while you are there."

Adds up quick....

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
Right now I'm at $8050 without tune. This is just short block. No H/C setup. When the motor blew it messed up a lot of stuff including a head not to mention the helicoils or whatever theyre called was coming out with the spark plugs when they went to change them. Its all the little things Im guessing thats killing me. Sometimes I wish I wouldve just went with another stock block. When its all said and done I'll be at 9k only making 400rwhp lol.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I pulled my engine before it blew up so as to avoid the kind of thing your going through. It wasn't easy to do / pay for. But in the end it's cheaper.

Did as much as I could myself and went first class on everything. Especially balancing and block maching.

I spent right at $7k on all the parts, service, tools and tuning. (Tuning only cost me $100 because I use SCT pro racer)

I'm pushing approx 560-570hp at the crank now. And thats in daily driver trim on a 4lb and ported eaton. The motor can now support up to 800hp at the crank via direct port nitrous.

Rich

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
I pulled my engine before it blew up so as to avoid the kind of thing your going through. It wasn't easy to do / pay for. But in the end it's cheaper.

I'm in the same boat... I'd rather spent less now than more later.

I know different circumstances and variables come into play but how much did you pay for your forged rebuild when all said and done? Ive been through 3 rebuilds with other vehicles and they didnt cost as much as the one im going through now. Everything looks ok kinda on paper but I just want to compare before I go pay. Thanks..

I've been looking into this myself and it works out to be around 16k and that's EVERYTHING... built longblock, fuel system, ignition, blower, and everything else need to make it all work together. That also doesn't include gauges and the such. Installation is included in cost as well. That's for a block that will be capable of 700rwhp.

Gonna try to pick up enough stuff off the the classifieds to keep the costs down though :beer:

--Matt

RMoore92

Established Member
Mine cost probably almost 8-10k (I don't wana add it up just keep throwing CCs around) between all new parts, machine work, heads cams, long tubes, injectors, pumps, tune, and a few other goodies.

Its not cheap but makes you love your L so much more :)

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
Right now I'm at $8050 without tune. This is just short block. No H/C setup. When the motor blew it messed up a lot of stuff including a head not to mention the helicoils or whatever theyre called was coming out with the spark plugs when they went to change them. Its all the little things Im guessing thats killing me. Sometimes I wish I wouldve just went with another stock block. When its all said and done I'll be at 9k only making 400rwhp lol.

I pulled my stock engine out while it was still running so i sold it to offset cost. I went with the JDM longblock and have gave it hell since 03. That 8k for a shortblock only is way outa line, heck JLP has them for 3,600K

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Well, I am right there in line with the rest of the guys who posted before me. So far to date. It has cost me 8,639.90. Still not installed and still need more parts. Like gaskets and bolts and headers and injectors not to mention tuning it all over again. It will probably cost me about 11 grand when its all said and done.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I think your right in the ballpark at $8,000. I try not to keep track of costs because if I don't remember I don't have to admit it. I believe my built long block was just about 8 though but that included injectors, spark plugs, ported lower, and since I blew mine up also a new block, crank, Canton 7 Qt. pan & windage tray, Crower billet I beam rods, ported heads, cams, aluminum valve covers, new oil cooler, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread