Built 6R80 question

baggyp

Established Member
So this may be a stupid question, but....

My car started life as a MT82 then I went to a Mag XL now I'm at a built 6R80. I installed it earlier this year and ever since I installed it the car is REALLY hard to push around when in neutral. My question is, is it normal for a built 6R80 (shaft and clutch's) to be very hard to push when in neutral?

Thanks!

lenny127

Established Member

My car started life as a MT82 then I went to a Mag XL now I'm at a built 6R80. I installed it earlier this year and ever since I installed it the car is REALLY hard to push around when in neutral. My question is, is it normal for a built 6R80 (shaft and clutch's) to be very hard to push when in neutral?

Thanks!

no clue on the question , but if you don't mind why did you switch out of the XL ? I ask because i recently swapped mine and 2nd gear synchro took a crap already after 2 months and wondering if any relevant input . thanks

baggyp

Established Member
Switched due to power levels. I'm around 1100+ to the wheels and if I break a 6R80 I can rebuild it but I didn't, and don't, feel comfortable working on a manual.

Darkhorse2013

Thanks!

I own a 2014 GT w/ 6R80 and have definitely pushed it to move it closer to my truck when a flash went south due to low battery issue. Like any car it was a little hard to get moving but after that was easy. I would NEVER characterize it as really hard... just 3500+ lbs hard lol.

oxmanwi

Beer & Cheese
Hi did you ever find out your problem? I have a 6r80 swap in my car as well and have the same problem. Had the clutch and shaft installed. I like to wash my car on the weekends in the mornings and I dont want to wake up my neighbors so I push the car out of my garage. The first 5 feet are easy but than all of a sudden its really hard almost dead locked.

Users who are viewing this thread