Built 5.4 with a 3.4 whipple

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Hey guys, just wanted to see how many people are running this setup. I haven't found a lot of info on the 3.4 whipple or 4.0 whipple as for track times.

I love these lightning trucks and when I purchase one soon here is the throughout combo I think I want to go with, give me the facts and opinions.

Built motor 8.5.1 compression, ported heads, stage1 cams, LT headers,
3.4 whipple boosted for 25-27psi. , 80lb. Injectors, 8an feed, 6 return, (2)465lph walbros, areomotive rails, regulator, 2400 stall converter, large ice box, cai, etc.
E85 and C16 tune

Do you guys think this is a good track combo? I'm thinking mid to low 10s @ 134

JimIII@jdm

Hey guys, just wanted to see how many people are running this setup. I haven't found a lot of info on the 3.4 whipple or 4.0 whipple as for track times.

I love these lightning trucks and when I purchase one soon here is the throughout combo I think I want to go with, give me the facts and opinions.

3.4 whipple boosted for 25-27psi. , 80lb. Injectors, 8an feed, 6 return, (2)465lph walbros, areomotive rails, regulator, 2400 stall converter, large ice box, cai, etc.
E85 and C16 tune

We have quiet a few customer running our built longblock and a 3.4 whipple. There isn't a 4.0 available for the Lightning :( But a Good built engine with this blower, proper fuel system and your looking around 750-800 RWHP on Race fuel and potentially high 9's very low 10's at 134+

We have proven the 2.3L Whipple to perform almost as well and actually have some trucks running similar ET's (9.8's-9.9's) The reason being is the 3.4 has a restrictive inlet and to make the most potential power out of it you have to get a custom rear inlet and intake system made.

Call me sometime if you have more questions, like I mentioned we do this all the time!

JimIII@JDM

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
We have quiet a few customer running our built longblock and a 3.4 whipple. There isn't a 4.0 available for the Lightning :( But a Good built engine with this blower, proper fuel system and your looking around 750-800 RWHP on Race fuel and potentially high 9's very low 10's at 134+

We have proven the 2.3L Whipple to perform almost as well and actually have some trucks running similar ET's (9.8's-9.9's) The reason being is the 3.4 has a restrictive inlet and to make the most potential power out of it you have to get a custom rear inlet and intake system made.

Call me sometime if you have more questions, like I mentioned we do this all the time!

JimIII@JDM
thanks, I thought you could get the crusher inlet for the 3.4 whipple, I'll be calling you soon

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member

E85 and C16 tune

With all that stank under the hood, why only stage I cams?

Users who are viewing this thread