Built 5.4 Shortblock

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
What would need to be done to make this work in an 03 cobra? I have stock cobra heads and was wondering what a 5.4 block would gain my over my 4.6?

Ironhand

Banned
Do you plan to use the blower setup or go turbo?

The 5.4 has a taller deck height then the 4.6. In order to put all of the blower equipment on the 5.4 would either require a full GT-500/FGT heads, intake, etc, swap.

Or

My 5.4 swap kit that I fabricate and put together that allows the transition of all your old parts to be used on a 5.4 DOHC.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Do you plan to use the blower setup or go turbo?

The 5.4 has a taller deck height then the 4.6. In order to put all of the blower equipment on the 5.4 would either require a full GT-500/FGT heads, intake, etc, swap.

Or

My 5.4 swap kit that I fabricate and put together that allows the transition of all your old parts to be used on a 5.4 DOHC.

details on this 5.4 swap kit?

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
How much for this 5.4 swap kit for a 03-04 cobra? I've been wanting to put a 5.4 in my cobra using my stock heads. I have a upr chromoly k member, I don't if I can use it or need to use yours? Will I be able to use my stock lower intake to bolt onto the heads. I think the heads are a little more apart from each other on the 5.4s I would assume. I might be wrong don't know the 5.4s really well.

paulsauto

Established Member
just fyi get riechart racing adapter plates,a hood and maybe modify headers and a navigator timing cover and put it together!!

Users who are viewing this thread