E2ABC52E-2DC7-4D39-BB06-8642C35F2DE7.jpeg
CEFB4834-A849-43F0-BC5A-6FD695D707D6.jpeg
00120320-27DF-4FA9-9297-C7DA4F10810D.jpeg
6AE7AA7A-A833-46BA-A0EC-CF41BEDC0DFE.jpeg
37EBE823-9AC3-40E1-8988-19C6CE6CD2E6.jpeg

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Did you get re-married? I've been out of the loop!! Knew you when you were in Columbus. Sold the catted x-pipe to you years ago....haha. @kirks5oh
Moved to Wisconsin 13 years ago for work. Divorced 8 years ago, remarried for 5, and just moved to Green Bay. Crazy. At the time I moved here I had an ‘87fox, ‘85 fox, ‘04 cobra, ‘05gto, ‘05 explorer. Here’s my lineage of cars

Still have the ‘85 fox
‘04 cobra to ‘13 gtr
‘05 gto to ‘11 ctsv to ‘15 Audi rs7
‘05 explorer to ‘15 raptor
‘87 fox to ‘09 z06 to ‘17 Chevy ss to ‘15 hellcat charger to ‘19 Audi rs3
And we have a 2020 expedition and my wife’s company car.
Looking to upgrade a couple of the cars over the next few years.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
That's going to be one badass house, but holy neighbors! LOL, I couldn't do it. We custom built on 40 acres back in 2006 and it's the best thing ever.
For sure. I’m moving from 3 acres to this. I won’t enjoy being close to the neighbors if they’re assholes. But I couldn’t take care of the 3 acres and got sick of paying someone $120 a week to mow it. There’s plenty of opportunities to own big land in or near Green Bay. We wanted a neighborhood for my wife’s girls and I had to have a lot overlooking the city

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
For sure. I’m moving from 3 acres to this. I won’t enjoy being close to the neighbors if they’re assholes. But I couldn’t take care of the 3 acres and got sick of paying someone $120 a week to mow it. There’s plenty of opportunities to own big land in or near Green Bay. We wanted a neighborhood for my wife’s girls and I had to have a lot overlooking the city
I hear you there, my property feels like a full time job sometimes. Also feel bad for my 8 year old who doesn't have many kids to hang around with because they're so far down the road.

Your back yard view does look killer, one thing my property lacks because it's so wooded and flat. Looking forward to following your progress.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like a great build. Love the view. However, it's giving me flashbacks to my own build. There were times that it was a nightmare.
Are you contracting it all or doing some of the work yourself?

As was mentioned, it's interesting to see different build styles and code requirements. In our county, codes are ridiculous. We have 35 heavily wooded acres and they required me to put signage up around "wetlands". That's just 1 example. Glad to be done with county intervention.

Congrats.

**** Biden

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
We are using a local custom builder. I’ve done next to none of it. Lol. My wife has worked with the builder and a designer to pick all the fixtures, tile, etc etc. it’s been an insane amount of work considering we both have full time busy jobs

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
When doing a custom home, you don't realize how much time that takes. If your buying from a developer, you have a few choices for colors and cabinets etc. When you go custom, you have an infinite amount of choices. Going into this thing, I had no idea how much time would be spent on choosing all this stuff.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe I missed it. But this house is essentially 3 stories because of the slope of the hill? Legitimately, houses here will have some big ass foundations because of the slope of the hill they’re building on. Doesn’t seem like they incorporate it into a house for more space. Random guess is that most slabs are post-tensioned and that causes issue.

Zemedici

Established Member
Hell Yeah Kirk, progress looks great. That view is spectacular.

And my wife would lose her shit at the neighbors house, its beautiful. Cant wait to see how yours turns out.

sleek98

Established Member
Looks awesome. I loved building our place, it was alot of stress, but the fact that it is exactly what we wanted makes it all worth it 4 years later.

Zemedici

Established Member
Looks awesome. I loved building our place, it was alot of stress, but the fact that it is exactly what we wanted makes it all worth it 4 years later.

that's the goal for our next one

Wife wanted mansion in suburbia, she got it.

My turn next go round.

15 acres, 1500sq ft ranch on unfinished basement, so I can do it my way, with detached garage / shop. YESSIRRRRRRR

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Maybe I missed it. But this house is essentially 3 stories because of the slope of the hill? Legitimately, houses here will have some big ass foundations because of the slope of the hill they’re building on. Doesn’t seem like they incorporate it into a house for more space. Random guess is that most slabs are post-tensioned and that causes issue.
Correct. As you face the house, it slopes from right to left, over 10’. So the left portion of the basement will be a walkout, and three stories. I’ll add some pics of the back of the house that will be more apparent.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
How many steps to get upstairs? We have 26. An elevator is in my future.

**** Biden
There are two staircases to get upstairs. This is the one by the front door. There’s another one by the garages

First pic shows the view of the main staircase when you come in the front door. Third pic shows that same staircase coming from the kitchen/family room area. Second pic shows the other staircase from the second floor

Kitchen family room area has 14’ ceilings. Rest of the first floor is 10’. There’s a vaulted ceiling in the master bedroom and my wife’s office.
45598A4A-A424-4F1C-B882-507FAA7E2D9D.jpeg
70DAD7F8-CCEC-4691-9FAC-844B9F041BD5.jpeg
E87788FF-8D22-4675-A892-14A097E0E883.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread