Building a house

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Just like the title says. Building a house. Price of lumber, supply chain be damned, we’re going full send. Took a new job last year and the 35 minute commute is killing me. My wife also works in Green Bay and I promised her 5 years ago we’d do this. So here goes.

61A556A2-5577-4FE2-BAD8-858E7DA85403.jpeg
D55E2FA9-40CD-4C4B-A8BF-61D919CFA2D8.jpeg
B3447FB2-B28B-4E38-8F05-3F75AEB04E2D.jpeg
5AAC85AC-26FB-4904-8CB7-C188D83A4367.jpeg

2/3 of an acre lot. On a huge ledge with a full view of the city including lambeau field. This was a must for me. All the slope behind the lot is a conservancy with a pond at the bottom.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Gonna be a double garage on the left that houses two cars and three individual doors straight on, two of which are two cars deep. So 7 cars and then I’ll have my lift and 14’ ceilings in my garage

We are using pretty much all of the lot

A6B237D3-5B53-4216-81BC-75FECE418656.jpeg

snakecharmer

Established Member
Good luck. Been TRYING to do the same thing for over a year. Steel yourself for supply chain issues, labor shortages and municipalities that are PITAs. Took Raleigh over 6 months just to approve the stupid septic permit.

The only thing you can do is exercise a lot of patience as it will take way longer than you want.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats!
Keep us posted on the build.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Congrats! Lot looks very nice, private back yard. House/garages will be awesome when completed. Subscribed for updates during the build!

My94GT

Established Member
In the same boat currently….still waiting for county approvals to break ground. At around 6800 sq ft above ground the quote has gone up enough to want to call it quits. Thankfully current house was purchased at a killer deal so plenty of equity

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Gonna be about 30’ from the corner of my wife’s office to the neighbors house. No windows facing their house. Big departure from having 3 acres and being 200’ from the neighbors house, but it is what it is.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Close neighbors?

Wow is your neighbors house that close to you?

Gonna be about 30’ from the corner of my wife’s office to the neighbors house. No windows facing their house. Big departure from having 3 acres and being 200’ from the neighbors house, but it is what it is.
Looks like it will be a gorgeous home. Hopefully you like your neighbors. I wonder if any of the local children participate in sport.

If you build with stucco, make sure to reinforce.

quad

Established Member
Big build! The house with the dark siding looks interesting. Good luck with construction!

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Interesting to see building methods in other states. We are required to have key ways in all of our exterior footings for horizontal load forces upon backfilling and settling. Anchor bolts have to be a 4foot increments double 12" from all outside corners. We used to but stopped using foam insulation around outside perimeter 20 years ago, because it was conducive to termites.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Big build! The house with the dark siding looks interesting. Good luck with construction!
Some completely different houses in the neighborhood. There are three very modern houses, a couple traditional, a few modern farm houses. It’s a private drive, private community with a walking trail around the whole neighborhood. Community barn with gardens, chickens, and pretty sure the developer still has plans for a horse stable.

Users who are viewing this thread