build thread, motorcycle content. THE TRACKER

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
well i decided to make a thread on my current project which differs from the norm on this site. i had bought someone's failed chopper build which led me to doing this custom build. as the shop was putting the first bike together i kept coming up with ideas to customize the original bike frame and the result was to keep that one original and then just go from the ground up with the tracker idea.

the shop is in humble, texas and is called cutthroat customs which is owned by daniel sanchez. his shop is far removed from the bubblegum chopper shops and is based off of one of custom designs as well as doing car and truck suspensions, which will be my next project with a 74 f100 laying on the ground because i have an addiction to projects..lol..

the idea behind my bike is a modern take on the old board tracker racing bikes. the front and rear wheel are going to be matching 21" wheels and the drivetrain came from a 99 sportster 1200 that had 1600 miles on it. we estimate the bike to way in around 350 lbs, give or take. this thread is also going to serve as a sounding board for the ideas that i currently have and to assist in the color scheme. currently i am leaning towards softer colors using a bone white for the main color with the accents being creme and the bike will also have leather accents done in a patina brown with brass buckles. well enough talking, check out the pictures and i will be updating this as the bike progresses.

DSC01230.jpg

IMG_0039-1.jpg

the wheels now are just mock up
IMG_0040-1.jpg

IMG_0041-1.jpg

IMG_0038-1.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

i will post more pictures today, i am heading over there now and i will get shots of the more detailed pieces. feel free to tell me what ya'll think:beer:

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Looks sharp man.
I'd love to see some od green on it.
I like the idea of the brass/leather work.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Not feeling the bars. I like clip ons but not sure if they'd go with the theme.
I can see all the pics now.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
thanks, and being a military guy the od green crossed my mind however while doing this build i did some looking around and there is already a bike similar that is od green:shrug:

after finding the guy on here that copied my coupe down to the color i just could not bring myself to do that........... however i could maybe make a spin off on it and still accent the bike with od or use it as a pinstripe to separate the colors.

Not feeling the bars. I like clip ons but not sure if they'd go with the theme.
I can see all the pics now.

the clip on was the original idea but it just did not flow well with the rest of the bike, i too am a huge fan of clip ons and do not like big bars. we have a picture that we keep returning to of an original bike, the bars mimic those and we will have them set up to turn up a bit for long riding and for show they will be turned down like you see them but they will be brought in tighter to the tank for the tucked and tight racing look.

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Sorry but that looks so damn uncomfortable it isnt even funny. Cool build just not something that I would want. Oh and why did you go with a sporty motor? Also the rims and tires are they 21's front are rear?

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
wow that is so sweet looking, I love the gas tank how it sits the motor perfectly, the lines of that frame are sweet too, but like the others I think you should keep the same lines for the handlebars, not really diggin them.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
thanks, and being a military guy the od green crossed my mind however while doing this build i did some looking around and there is already a bike similar that is od green:shrug:

I like the idea of using the green to pinstripe. That would look awesome.
Ever think of instead of using the leather using some old green material from an old army uniform/tent to do the accents.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I like the idea of using the green to pinstripe. That would look awesome.
Ever think of instead of using the leather using some old green material from an old army uniform/tent to do the accents.

already ahead of you on that, going to make the seat out of some gp medium canvas material:banana:

as for the comfort, it is being built to my height so although the stretch looks bad it is not and the handle bars will have two positions for a bit more comfort on long rides.

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
already ahead of you on that, going to make the seat out of some gp medium canvas material:banana:

Sounds like we might have similar taste. lol
Any gauges or mirrors or is it going to be pretty naked?

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Sounds like we might have similar taste. lol
Any gauges or mirrors or is it going to be pretty naked?

it is going to be as bare as possible. we are going to to an internal throttle and then the hand clutch will be a reverse grip coming out of the end cap of the bar. no gauges at all, still trying to figure out the headlight because i want something that is not deep and i need to be able to match the taillight while making them both nostalgic looking.

thanks blake for putting up the other pictures, it was almost a shame to do that to the 99 sportster but it will live on through the tracker. damn bike had hardly any miles on it and i got it for 3k'ish.

OneFastSnake

Established Member
leaf spring suspension? pretty cool but I agree the rider is gonna suffer riding that bad boy.
keep up good work i love the tank

Users who are viewing this thread