Build Thread- All projects, big and little

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
So I figured I will make an official thread now since I start teardown in the morning. I picked up this 03 10th anniversary last September and this will be my running thread for all my mods and projects over the next few months. My wife and I will be doing most of the work but I'm sure I'll have more than a few buddies help out along the way. I'll try to keep it short, sweet, and to the point!

Mods when bought:
-Ford Re-manufactured 03-04 cobra motor
-2.76 billetflow upper and idlers
-JLT carbon fiber RAI
-Diablo Predator tuner
-Moroso Intercooler tank and coolant expansion tank
-Afco heat exchanger
-Spec 2+ clutch with spec steel flywheel
-T-56 Magnum trans
-Custom Denny's aluminum drive shaft
-Rebuilt rear with detroit tru-trac diff, stock 3.55 gears, and Fore Precision Works billet diff cover
-Magnaflow catted X
-magnaflow catback with custom mufflers
-H&R race springs
-Bilstein HD shocks and struts, shocks are machined for use with coil overs
-MM caster camber plates
-MM FLSFC
-FTBR delrin IRS bushings
-FTBR rear bump steer kit
-willwood 6 piston calipers with light weight two piece rotors 13''
-1'' wheel spacers in the back
-Nitto NT-555 274-40-17's all around

Added parts:
New Headlights
LED License plate lights
LED Map lights
Removed 1in spacers
Rolled Fenders
18x9 Gloss Black Saleen Reps
18x10 Gloss Black Saleen Reps
275/35/18 Nitto 555 up front
305/35/18 MT Et Streets out back
Waiting to be put on:
Fore Fuel Rails
Fore Dual Pump hat w/2 465 walboros
FC3 Controller
Hobbs Switch
-8an feed/return
ID1000s
2.3 whipple Gen 2
Accufab Single Blade TB
BA3000
X Cal 4 tuner
TR6 plugs
AFR500
04sleeper tune

2.6 Pulley for the E85 tune, 3.0 for 93 tune. I'm preparing myself for conservative numbers but I'll be happy once she's back up and running!
Thanks for reading fellas. More pics and fun to follow!
Marc

How she looked when I first got her,
lZUist.jpg
FuzljM.jpg
Uv5FoY.jpg

Attachments

• iyLV6G.jpg
    iyLV6G.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 0vi6nc.jpg
    0vi6nc.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
KYwCI8.jpg
Uza88H.jpg
Y2tWhi.jpg
cJKeuz.jpg

Current Exhaust Note, soon to change!

[youtube_browser]rtBWJzukrfI[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats are you running any ISO's with the race springs that is the stance I'm looking for.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Congrats are you running any ISO's with the race springs that is the stance I'm looking for.

I'm pretty sure there are ISO's all the way around top and bottom. My last car didn't have any ISO's and here is how she sat.

Oh, and 5% tint is coming btw

fa2j.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Damn was that race springs too? That may be a little to low for me so I may keep all ISO's. Love that look to buy with roads around here prolly to low for me.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Made some progress today. Got the entire upper assembly off in an hr or two. Got the fuel tank half way dropped. Due to a bunch of people coming over to hangout and grab some beers not much more progress was made after that haha.

I'm gonna take my time and clean some things up as I go. I still need to order some odds and ends things
v0bljU.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
It won't be conservative numbers when Kevins done with it, you'll love it. Good call on the ID1000's

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
very nice plan of attack. good luck with the progress :rockon:

Thanks brotha! I'm sure my plans will change a million times but I'm gonna take as much time as possible and make this as stress free as I can

It won't be conservative numbers when Kevins done with it, you'll love it. Good call on the ID1000's

Those are the words I'm looking man. I know Kevin will work his magic so I'm really looking forward to it. Going from an upper only car to a e85 feed twin screw monster should be quite the change! I didnt want to buy injectors again so I figured if I ever bump up the blower size the ID1000s should give me some wiggle room

cj428mach

Established Member
Thanks brotha! I'm sure my plans will change a million times but I'm gonna take as much time as possible and make this as stress free as I can

Those are the words I'm looking man. I know Kevin will work his magic so I'm really looking forward to it. Going from an upper only car to a e85 feed twin screw monster should be quite the change! I didnt want to buy injectors again so I figured if I ever bump up the blower size the ID1000s should give me some wiggle room

Going from 17 psi gas to Kevins 17 psi e85 tune was night and day difference, then bumping up the boost is even sillier. I'm kinda glad I went up progressively from eaton, to 13,15, then 17psi on gas before switching e85. I then went from 17psi e85 to 19 psi, 20, 21, then finally 22 psi.

I think I went straight from an eaton to big boost e85 aftermarket blower setup, I'd be dead lol.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Going from 17 psi gas to Kevins 17 psi e85 tune was night and day difference, then bumping up the boost is even sillier. I'm kinda glad I went up progressively from eaton, to 13,15, then 17psi on gas before switching e85. I then went from 17psi e85 to 19 psi, 20, 21, then finally 22 psi.

I think I went straight from an eaton to big boost e85 aftermarket blower setup, I'd be dead lol.

I'm a little nervous about it but I've always respected the power of the car so I'll be taking it easy for awhile haha. I don't want to shit myself on the first WOT pull

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Man thats awsome, I think your going to want a Killer Chiller Chiller though. I love driving my car for the first 15 mins or so in the hotter months. Once it gets heat soaked im only cruising because i can definitely tell the difference.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Man thats awsome, I think your going to want a Killer Chiller Chiller though. I love driving my car for the first 15 mins or so in the hotter months. Once it gets heat soaked im only cruising because i can definitely tell the difference.

Oh trust me I'm trying to con the wife into one right now. It might have to wait till christmas but it's happening sooner than later

Little update,
got the intercooler off the supercharger with some assistance from a heat gun and a rubber mallet haha. Let her soak in purple power for about 30 mins or so and it turned out AWESOME!
TJnH0V.jpg
U5RT5i.jpg
YXrMaM.jpg

Attachments

• cMTr1y.jpg
    cMTr1y.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread