Buick

VegasMichael

Established Member
Remember when they made cars you liked? They are likely going the way of Oldsmobile and Pontiac.
1994_buick_roadmaster_limited_sedan_rwd-pic-7153663154321347558-1600x1200.jpeg
buick1.jpg

Attachments

• fl0115-204121_3.jpg
    fl0115-204121_3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 80

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Remember when they made cars you liked? They are likely going the way of Oldsmobile and Pontiac.
View attachment 1545795 View attachment 1545796
You're talking about muscle cars, right? I assume so because of the photos you posted, Michael. But....that was a LONG time ago! They haven't had a true muscle car in 32 years. And compared to the competition, their vehicles have been rather bland and unexciting. I used to own a 2012 LaCrosse, my only Buick ever. It just never really excited me like other cars I've owned. Their lineup is over shadowed by Chevy and Cadillac, and so yeah, they're fading and will likely soon become just a memory. JMO.

VegasMichael

Established Member
You're talking about muscle cars, right? I assume so because of the photos you posted, Michael. But....that was a LONG time ago! They haven't had a true muscle car in 32 years. And compared to the competition, their vehicles have been rather bland and unexciting. I used to own a 2012 LaCrosse, my only Buick ever. It just never really excited me like other cars I've owned. Their lineup is over shadowed by Chevy and Cadillac, and so yeah, they're fading and will likely soon become just a memory. JMO.

I was thinking more of their entire ouevre. They had luxury cars, muscle cars, and middle of the road cars. The total package. Today their line up is horrid. Mostly crossovers that look like everything else on the road. I miss their Park Avenues, Le Sabres, Roadmasters, and Regals. Oh well. I've been accused of living in the past and I guess it's true. But if I didn't dwell in yesteryear I'd be miserable.

Recon

Established Member
Wish I could see the photos, but can’t still. So basing it off of classic muscle cars. Everyone’s line up regardless of the make is a shadow of their former selves. Not one car looks as good as it did back in the original muscle car era, in my opinion at least. My second favorite muscle car is a 70 GSX. The thing is just gorgeous.

Pick your poison.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I think as long as the Chinese keep buying them up they'll continue to do well as a whole.

I always though the Opel based Regal GS was a neat car, I wish they combined the 270hp ecotec with the 6spd manual and AWD. AWD was only offered with an auto and detuned to 250ish HP. Had they made the combination I described they could have had a more luxurious WRX fighter on their hands.

2012-Buick-Regal-GS-promo.jpg

I actually saw a new regal, I think sportback today (looked like a station wagon). Had no idea what the hell it was at first but it certainly doesn't look like what I think of when I hear Buick. A tan on tan 2000's Lesabre with paint damage on the bumpers.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Was not aware the Chinese liked the Buicks. Back in the day Buick seemed to appeal to a wide variety people because they had something to offer for almost anyone. Luxury, muscle, economy. Being a former owner of a GN I also had an affinity for the Park Avenue and Roadmaster. These days America doen't offer a full sized sedan like they used to.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
They would be dead and gone by now, but the only reason they are still in business is because they were the most popular car in China at one point a few years ago. Still popular enough to keep the doors open here.
I read on here that buick is really popular in china. maybe thats whats keeping them afloat here. Lots of non driving ass people over there, probably crashing and just buying new and crashing all over again.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Was not aware the Chinese liked the Buicks. Back in the day Buick seemed to appeal to a wide variety people because they had something to offer for almost anyone. Luxury, muscle, economy. Being a former owner of a GN I also had an affinity for the Park Avenue and Roadmaster. These days America doen't offer a full sized sedan like they used to.

I read on here that buick is really popular in china. maybe thats whats keeping them afloat here. Lots of non driving ass people over there, probably crashing and just buying new and crashing all over again.

It was probably about 5 or 6 years ago that Buicks were the most sold vehicles there. It was like a status symbol to be able to own one. With that being the case, Im pretty sure that is also one of the reasons why the manufacturers started dumping so much money into the country, because how hard could it be to top Buick? Lol

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
When I was first starting to drive in the 80s, the Buick Regal GN and T-Type were among the cars that helped bring back performance cars from their graves in the mid 70s and early 80s. The fastest cars of their time, these Buicks were feared at the stoplights and drag strips. Buick had a storied history of muscle cars in the 60s and early 70s, but the GN and T-Type were the high water mark for Buick. Sadly their next platform took the Regal to fwd and thus ending a true performance Buick since.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I think the new Lacrosse looks good. No performance to speak of with only 310 HP, but they look good at least. I'd daily one.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
They sell over a million units a year and is a very profitable brand.

Honestly, Cadillac and Lincoln would likely die before Buick.

Buick isn’t going anywhere

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I took my 1970 GS Stage 1 to the track Saturday and made a couple of passes. The car could be called a show car in some places but I'll say that it is a very nice driver. She went 11.40s na. The best pass to date had been an 11.66 with a carb but after the Holley EFI the passes are better and fuel millage is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread