budget return/ sct tuner?

03ct cobra

Established Member
Hey guys, my name is jim...03ct cobra...im new to svtp..so let me start by saying hello to everyone here.I have a 03 cobra with a sbtb,fliudyne h/e,flsfc,k&n fipk, m/f cb,and basically a nice little tune.nothing too crazy like some others here. Btw it still has the eaton with a 2:76 pulley. My question is this...im planning on putting on the lethal budget return fuel system in preparation for a future ts upgrade..can I use my sct tuner that came with the car to get the car running well enough to take it for a tune or is that something that has to be done immediately upon initial start up? Thanks in advance for ur help...btw,just for reference id like to pick up a used 2.3. Not planning on any big:thumbsup: blowers.any tips on doing this from someone who has done this before would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

BruceH

Established Member
Talk to the shop that will be tuning your car. You should be able to get a base tune from them that will get you to the dyno.

03ct cobra

Established Member
Thanks alot........I was wondering if I could turn on/off certain things using my handhold tuner that came with the car when I bought it.kind of embarrassing but I've never used one before u no.I kinda get worried just thinking about plugging it in to the car.last thing I wanna do is screw something up.im not sure if a menu of some sorts pops up or a bunch of parameters. Guess only way to find out is give it a shot.:shrug:

01yellercobra

Established Member
It depends on what you're looking to turn off. For the fuel system your tuner will have to make the changes. Your car might run with the return style set up, but it probably won't run well.

03ct cobra

Established Member
Okay..thanks again.its not something im gonna be doing very soon as the car is now in storage.just trying to get my ducks in a row for the spring.I don't wanna waste any time as I start getting things together for my Whipple/kennel bell install.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Like Bruce said. Talk to whoever is going to tune it. Let them know all the mods and they can get you a base tune to get up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread