Budget Performance Sedan

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
So here is the situation. I am looking for some opinions on a decent performance sedan(4 door, non-hatchback). I had been shopping for a Terminator but when the wife showed me the little blue plus sign on the pee stick a couple weeks ago I had to change my thinking a bit. Now we already have a Grand Cherokee for the wife to drive and its the main travel vehicle(diesel engine gets around 30 mpg) so this is just for me to drive back and forth to work and to tote the new arrival around as needed. Must be an automatic because the wife refuses to learn manual, 2010 or newer, 50k or less miles, decent power with possible modding, and maintenance/repair costs that aren't insane.
Budget is roughly 15-25k.

So far I am considering:
1. Charger SRT8 2012-2014
2. SHO
3. Fusion Sport 2017
4. BMW 335 2010+
5. Volvo s60 T6
6. WRX 2015+
Any other suggestions/ideas are appreciated.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
First - congrats on the good news!

Lincoln MKS EcoBoost. SHO but more refined.

Or throw out your 2010+ requirement and find a nice clean low mileage Marauder. They are great cars and family friendly.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP it isn't that far out of your 2010 limit

The Marauder is way to old for what he is looking for as a lot of it's parts are 13+ years or older. I mean mine only had about 55,000 miles on the clock last year and things was really close on if they was going to fail not by abuse but by just age of them. Plus you get tagged in the rear almost 95% of all insurance companies will total them out because of unable to get the rear imbosed Marauder bumper cover, and if you can find one expect to pay $4000 or maybe even more for it, I mean the new carbon fiber hood for a C7 vette only runs $4,500!!!! and thats carbon fiber not plastic.

Last edited:

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Thanks! It will be our first.

Or throw out your 2010+ requirement and find a nice clean low mileage Marauder. They are great cars and family friendly.
The MKS is nice and I have considered it as well. As far as the Marauder, I would like to stick with a newer vehicle with more creature comforts particularly Bluetooth.

Golf R with a tune.
Those are fun little cars but I don't want a hatchback at this point.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
08 or 09 (2010 had single turbo I believe) twin turbo 335i and never look back.

AMAZING performance for the dollar. You can get a CLEAN one for under $15k.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
08 or 09 (2010 had single turbo I believe) twin turbo 335i and never look back.

AMAZING performance for the dollar. You can get a CLEAN one for under $15k.
Yea the 335's were twin turbo up to 2010. They switched to the single turbo in 2011. The both have about the same power. From what I have read the 2010 is the most reliable version of the twin turbo while the previous years were prone to wastegate issues.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
we were in a similar situation looking for a baby friendly sedan. we test drove the SHO which i loved. plenty of room in the back seat and spacious trunk.
3 series are tiny. doable but too small imo for baby/gear.

last year we picked up an explorer Sport (big sho). i love it.

SHO or Charger. i like the G8s too. just not sure on parts availibility.

my buddy just picked up a 535 for low 20s with decently low mileage.

Dusten

Established Member

The marauder is laughably slow
Gxp G8 or Marauder.
Cheaper and decent mpgs for what they are :)
The interior on the g8 is trash. A gen1 ctsv would be a better choice, but is to old.

Dusten

Established Member
The G8 interior feels like a BMW compared to a gen 1 CTS V. The interior on a gen 1 V is absolutely appalling even by GM standards.
Weird, I test drove then back to back and felt the dash, stereo, and available options were pathetic. Typical Pontiac crap.

88aebaa32b147afd88dd163a31eae7d2.jpg
9127f0aefc6a648c5cef49cf00317707.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread