Bucking/surging stalling...HELP!

CobraKid04

Established Member
I was driving the cobra today and all was good. I did a WOT blast 2 3 and halfway through 4th...As I coasted the car stalled. I turned it back on and it was a really rough idle and when i gave it gas it would buck (on off on off).

I made it to a parking lot where a met another cobra(first time). He followed me to NTB(friend works there). I thought it was my plugs or maf..We pulled the plugs all was fine..The maf was fine as well. No leaks everything was fine. We Took the battery off for 5min and would it still Idled like I had a crazy Cam.

I attempted to limp her home for the night..It still bucked and surged like crazy and stalling at every light.

So if it isn't my plugs or maf WHAT COULD IT BE!!!
1. Bad gas
2. tune was lost somehow...

I really need some help here, so post up all idea.

Thanks Mike

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
i want to say frps...might of blown it during wide open throttle. those are about the same symptoms i had when it happend to me.....does it blow grey smoke out of the exhaust?

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
I am the Cobra he met up with. It sounded very similar to when I had a cylinder misfire in my Mach. It does sound like he has a big ass cam. Could it be the TPS sensor or IAC sensor? BTW- Mike your car looks amazing!!! Hope you get it healthy soon.

CobraKid04

Established Member
i want to say frps...might of blown it during wide open throttle. those are about the same symptoms i had when it happend to me.....does it blow grey smoke out of the exhaust?

No gray smoke but, it smells like I don't have cats(i do though)...

I am the Cobra he met up with. It sounded very similar to when I had a cylinder misfire in my Mach. It does sound like he has a big ass cam. Could it be the TPS sensor or IAC sensor? BTW- Mike your car looks amazing!!! Hope you get it healthy soon.

Thanks man, your car is Bad ass too. Your WOT was crazy, I wanted to do it so bad.

R1Psycho

Established Member
Sounds like the frps. Unplug the frps and see if it idles fine. If it isn't that maybe a fuel issue. I have a bap and blew a fuse on it and it acted crazy until I traced the problem down. I have also had a cam sounding idle when my alternator was about to take a dump on me. I'm pretty sure it's the frps.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
it happends to alot of people so some carry a extra in their glovebox for saftey...anyways, kenne bell sells a washer that will help that from blowing although some with the washer still have blew it

CobraKid04

Established Member
Sounds like the frps. Unplug the frps and see if it idles fine. If it isn't that maybe a fuel issue. I have a bap and blew a fuse on it and it acted crazy until I traced the problem down. I have also had a cam sounding idle when my alternator was about to take a dump on me. I'm pretty sure it's the frps.

Ok, I will check it out tomarrow. I hope thats all it is.

it happends to alot of people so some carry a extra in their glovebox for saftey...anyways, kenne bell sells a washer that will help that from blowing although some with the washer still have blew it

Wow thats crazy!

Can someone post up where that is located on the motor. Like a picture.PLEASE:beer:

CobraKid04

Established Member
This is a post on my other forum. Anyone think this could be it?

you may have hurt something, like popped a gasket or what not on this WOT pull.

im thinking vacuum leak or maf has went shitty

Where the F is the vacuum line(noob)?

eludercobra

Established Member
This is a post on my other forum. Anyone think this could be it?

you may have hurt something, like popped a gasket or what not on this WOT pull.

im thinking vacuum leak or maf has went shitty

Where the F is the vacuum line(noob)?

Check the FRPS, more then likely the cause.

Start car with it unplugged, it's on the drivers fuel rail on the top very forward sensor, also before you start it, unplug the vacuum line that connects to it and see if there is any fuel in line or smells like fuel. If not plug line back in and see if car idles with sensor electronically disconnected, if it does. That's your issue

I carry one in glove box and one sits in my garage. Got a good deal on them!!!

svtleen

Established Member
FRPS.jpg

CobraKid04

Established Member
Check the FRPS, more then likely the cause.

Start car with it unplugged, it's on the drivers fuel rail on the top very forward sensor, also before you start it, unplug the vacuum line that connects to it and see if there is any fuel in line or smells like fuel. If not plug line back in and see if car idles with sensor electronically disconnected, if it does. That's your issue

I carry one in glove box and one sits in my garage. Got a good deal on them!!!

Ok perfect, thanks!!!

SVTLEEN-your the man!

04cobra13

Established Member
Yup pretty sure its your frps, i blew mine running a c6 and got close to redline in 4th, then it stalled and started running all funny just as you describe it. Like said, pull it and start your car with it un plugged, and if it idles fine you need a new one...Just change your oil after you get a new one because there could be gas in your oil, GL!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member

Well said, glad it got taken care of...

Users who are viewing this thread