Bucking on decel/low rpms after fuel changes and tune

Dombrocj

Established Member
Did some street tuning yesterday, ran into some bucking issues at low RPM (below 2000 rpm) on decel. Up top and WOT it's great. Tuner was able to smooth out the bucking to where it's almost completely gone but he is saying it could be due to the MAFia i installed as part of my fuel system changes. He said something like he's seeing voltage spikes from the MAF. What data logging perameter would i look at to validate this? MAF AD counts?

At first the bucking was pretty bad at low rpm/decel, but on the final tune it's almost completely gone. He's recommending me to buy a better MAF. Maybe you guys can help me troubleshoot before i buy the MAF.

Mods: stock eaton w/ 2.76 pulley, intake, catback, catted x midpipe, 60# inj, mafia, BAP

Changes right before tuning:
MAFia set at 2, 60# deka injectors (cleaned and flow tested prior), plugs (tr6 gapped at .35 - previous plugs were gapped at .32).

My next troubleshooting steps: Clean MAF, ensure MAF is clocked at 11, check for any leaks on intake/reclamp everything, check for vacuum leaks disconnections on drivers side as i had that apart installing the injectors, check coilpaks to ensure they are securely connected to plugs, maybe pull the plugs and look at them?

other info -
-the gasket for plenum to eaton - the upper right hole ripped on the outside. didnt think anything of it at the time as the inner part of the gasket was not compromised. Also it runs great everywhere else in the rpm range. i figured issues would be experienced all over the rpm range if that gasket wasnt tight.
-the base tune was really fat at idle (10-11 afr). Would idling for to long really rich like that foul the plugs?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread